|20|

I was quickly maneuvered into the safe room. It was equipped with what looks like 6 months of food, weapons, and a group of small cots with blankets. It wasn't big but it was enough for a small group of people. 

It was the size of an average master bedroom with two rooms separated by just a doorway, no doors. The walls were metal and it was slightly intimidating. I wandered trying to find something to do while I waited anxiously. I couldn't tell if something had begun outside the doors, or if I would be able to hear anything at all. 

I finally found a beat-up deck of cards and began a game of solitaire to take my mind of the possibilities that could become of the men and what all of this could blow up into.

I wasn't sure how long had passed but I ended up sitting on the floor to stare at the door. As my eyes were getting heavy I heard beeping at the door making me stand and quietly run to grab a weapon. The first thing into my hand was a pistol, loaded, and ready to fire. I pointed it at the door as it began to swing open. 

The first thing I saw was a leg as it crossed the threshold. I didn't think before I pulled the trigger a few inches over where the person's body should be. 

They fell to the floor. 

"Der'mo!" I let out a breath and ran to the voice. 

"Ace you scared me! Why wouldn't you warn me?" 

He got up off the floor. "Why would you try and shoot me?" 

"I didn't know it was you! I didn't know who was going to walk through that door!" 

"I'm sorry kiska but there wasn't really a way for me to warn you. I thought you would have known it would be me since only me and Lucien know about this." 

He wrapped me in his arms and we stood there for a minute. 

"What happened out there?" 

He shrugged. "Nothing we couldn't handle. But I don't think this was the end so I would like for you to start training as soon as you can. And I would also like it if you moved here- even for just a time."

"What about the café? And Poseidon?"

"It won't be for forever, just until the problem goes away. And if you feel better I can send some of my best business managers over to take over for a short time. And you will just bring Poseidon here." 

"I just don't want them to change anything or mess up anything."

"They won't, I promise. They will just go in to do what you would have done if you were there. Your employees will do the rest."

"How long?" 

He shrugged. "As long as it takes to make sure you're safe." 

I pulled away and looked at him. "I just have to get some of my clothing." 

He shook his head. "No. I will send a few of my men to get your stuff." 

"I'm not really comfortable with them rifling through all of my things." 

"I know, but I don't want you leaving while this is a threat. You are in danger and will have a huge target on your back if you walk out those doors. So I am keeping you here."

"I don't appreciate being caged like some songbird." 

"You aren't a caged songbird, you are in danger and I am keeping you safe by keeping you here."

"I still don't like it." 

"Well, you don't have to. I am doing what I need to in order to keep you safe."