|12|

"So what are we doing on said date?" I asked as we were in the car driving to who knows where.

He gave me a slight smirk, "You'll see kiska."

"Ok, well at least tell me if it is just one place or if we are going to multiple different places." 

"You never could handle not knowing something." He gave a light chuckle. "We will be going to multiple different places. Would you rather McDonald's or Chick-Fil-A for breakfast?"

"Oh I am not-"

"Nope, now pick one or I will pick for you. Either way, you're eating." 

I huffed a little. "Uhm I could probably find something a little healthier at Chick-Fil-A."

"Good choice." A few minutes later we pulled into a drive thorugh and we ordered and were quickly on our way. 

I took a bit of the chicken minis I order and moaned at how good they were. 

"Careful with those noises zhizn moya." 

"You know I really do wish you would teach me even just a little russian."

"Ok, pick one word you really want to know." 

"Um, well I think I know that kiska is my love or something like that."

"No, kiska means something else." 

"Hmm, can I ask for two?" 

He hummed. "I guess." 

"Ok so what does kiska and zhizn moya mean?"

"Well kiska means kitten, but don't put it into google translate or it will say I'm insulting you," He chuckled. "And zhizn moya means my life." 

"Why call me 'kitten'?"

"Because you're cute like a kitten, and you have a sweet temperament most of the time, but if someone makes you mad you can turn into a little hellion." 

After a few minutes of silence I ask yet again where we were going and he just chuckled and told me to be patient. Imagine my confusion when we pulled into a grocery store parking lot. 

"Ok krasotka. I would appreciate you staying here for a few minutes while I go and get a few things ok?" 

"So you want me to stay in the car like a dog?" 

He sighed. "No, I just want you to stay here so I can surprise you, ok?"

I glanced at him skeptically, "Ok." 

True to his word he was back shortly, and just placed the bags into the trunk and didn't let me get much more than a glance at them. He always loved prolonging my suspense and agony of not knowing. 

He got in and gave me a knowing smirk to which I responded with an eye-roll.

We sat in silence as he drove, but it wasn't a long drive until we pulled into a park. 

"Picnic?" 

He smiled and nodded. 

"Our first date." 

"Techincally our first date was when you were cleaning blood off of my after my fight." 

I rolled my eyes. "That wasn't a date." 

"I counted it as one, it was then that I knew I wanted to be with you." 

I smiled despite the cheesiness. 

We got out and he brought a basket, which I presumed had all of the things from the store in it. 

We made idle conversation as he led us to a a willow tree that was next to a small river. He continued to set the basket down and set up a wonderful picnic.