|1|

"I will take a large double americano with brevé." The man in front of me ordered. Making me question what he was meaning. 

"Sir, just to clarify, you would like six shots of espresso with half and half?"

He frowned slightly, obviously perturbed I had to ask. "Yes." 

He paid and I got to work making his coffee. If it was one thing I didn't like, it was people pretending to know everything about coffee and try to sound above others. 

I loved my job other than those few people. I owned a quiet little coffee shop. It made a good amount of money, but wasn't nearly as busy as a Starbucks or another brand was. I was content to just make coffee all day and get to know people.

As I closed up the shop around six at night I walked home. Home wasn't a huge house or even a house at all. It was an apartment, however it was a nice size and was comfortable.

I looked down at my phone after feeling a buzz. 

Bestie💋

Girls night tonight 💋🍸

What do you say?

Rachel

I'm in, needing some good 🥃

Samantha

I'm in! 💃🏼

Me

Sorry girls, rain check for me. It's date night.

I unlocked our apartment door and walked in to see my gorgeous boyfriend shirtless. 

"Well, I certainly don't oppose to this sight." I flirted walking to him. 

He smirked. "Mmm, well I wish that my girlfriend would join me." 

I laughed and kissed him, he turned in into a very passionate kiss quickly. I broke the kiss and laughed.

"What is with you today? You aren't normally like this. Was everything ok at work?"

"Yeah, I just missed you, is there something wrong with that?" 

"No, but you normally aren't trying to seduce me the minute I walk in the door." I laughed.

He laughed too. "I suppose I see your point. But I did make dinner, which is why I'm shirtless." 

I blushed and lightly hit his arm. "See?"

He smirked. "Not like that, you perv." He joked. "I spilled a little grease on it, and just finished getting it out and I forgot to put one on." 

I blushed even more now at my off track assumption. 

"Whatever, let's just eat." I said leaving his arms. 

He laughed at me, "I think it was cute babe." He kissed my cheek.

We sat and ate dinner, which was delicious. I was very lucky I got a man who could cook. We talked about our days, laughing at stories and jokes. 

Most of the time our date nights included playing games or cuddling up watching a movie. There were occasions where we would go out or order for food, but in the hopes of building our retirement we ate at home.

My boyfriend, Damien, had a very well paying job although he couldn't tell me about a majority of the things he did. He always assured me that he was doing good things and told me everything he could. I believed him, but for a while it was hard because I didn't want to be hurt again after him. It took me a long time to come to terms with not being able to know his work, or what he was doing at work. After a while I realized that it was all about trust. If I trusted him I shouldn't be worried.