|15|

I was actually having a good time with Ace, especially laughing at some of his failed attempts to make a latte. But, it was ruined by someone coming in. 

"Well well well. So quick to move on I see." 

I knew the voice without looking up, but Ace snapped his gaze up to Damiens. 

Damien walked up to the counter. "Why can't you look at me Elizabeth?" 

I sighed and met his stone-cold gaze. "Because there is no reason to. We are not together, what I do in my spare time is none of your business. Unless, of course, you are being told to keep tabs on me again." 

His gaze didn't waver but neither did mine. We stared for a minute or two before Ace cleared his throat demanding our attention. 

"She has the right to go out with and be with whoever she wants." 

I wanted to protest, but I didn't want to give Damien any ammunition against one or both of us. 

"You're dating now?" 

Before Ace could respond I cut in. 

"It's not official yet, but we have gone on a date or two." 

"So you're just going to forgive him?" 

"I forgave you for bringing drugs into the apartment." 

"That is not the same as cheating." 

"Right, but he is showing me that he's changed. You? Well, you haven't tried yet." 

His eye twitched showing that he was getting more and more upset. The tension between all of us was so high it was definitely palpable. 

Damien took a breath, about to speak, when the door opened and a customer came in. After he remained unmoving I gave him a look. He returned my look but after a few seconds stepped out of the way. 

The customer could feel the tension so Ace stepped up to take his order. 

"Hey, how's it going today?" 

"Um, it's good." He looked behind Ace to me and I saw it was Oliver, one of my regulars. "Hey Elizabeth, how are you- I haven't seen you for a while?" 

I smiled at him. "I'm alright. I have been dealing with a lot of personal things. Do you want your regular?" 

He gave me a sympathetic look but nodded. 

"Alright. Ace he gets a sugar free hazelnut latte with an extra shot of espresso." 

I made his drink while Ace rang him up.

"Have a good day Oliver, I'll see you." 

He waved. "I hope everything gets worked out." 

"Me too." I said under my breath. 

As I cleaned from making the drink I could fell the men staring at each other. I checked my watch and saw that it was only mid-afternoon. 

I started making myself a double-shot latte before I looked at either of them again. 

"Ace," I turned and accidentally put my hands on his chest. I didn't realize how close he had gotten. "why don't you go and take Poseidon on another walk? I'm sure he is going to need to go outside as well." 

He looked down at me silently asking if I was alright and I gave him a small nod. 

He sighed and went upstairs, leaving me with Damien.

I turned to face him. "Would you like anything?" 

"You." 

My lips tightened into a small frown.