|8|

I gasped. 

"Damien? What happened to you?" I asked as I rushed over to his side. 

"Doesn't matter." He grunted out as he pushed past me. 

"Damien Lorenzo Valencia. You have been gone for nearly 24 hours and you dare to be rude and push past me. You have no right to do that to me! You left and I was worried sick, but yet I received no calls and no texts from you. If this is how you are going to act then you can just go right back out the door and back to your apartment." As I finished I left him standing in the doorway and went to the kitchen to make myself some tea. 

As I sipped my tea on the back porch I heard the door open and close. 

"Baby, are you out here?"

 "I am, but I would prefer you not butter me up." 

He sighed. "I'm sorry baby. You didn't deserve that any of the past 24 hours. I know that you are going through a really hard time and you didn't do anything yesterday. But I saw red when Ace sent you flowers." 

"But why? I am with you, don't you trust me?" 

"It's not you that I don't trust." 

I rolled my eyes. "That is such a typical answer." 

He sighed. "I keep having doubts. You've been pushing me away recently and I keep thinking that he is going to make you fall in love with him again." 

"Flowers isn't going to make me fall in love with him. But we also need to talk about why you came home drenched in blood." 

"Well, most of it was not mine." 

"Just tell me straight. Did you go street fighting last night?"

 "Yes. And I found people to fight with during the day today too. I made a good chunk of money though." He gave a small laugh. 

I didn't find it funny and gave him a harsh glare that shut him up quickly. 

"I know you were joking about taking it up, but seriously. Do you not understand how dangerous it is? What made you do it? Your ego?" 

"I don't know. Maybe my ego and I was so angry that I just wanted to get it out." 

"Just promise me that you won't do it again. And if you do, to tell me so I can be there if you are injured." 

"Are you still upset at me?" He asked sheepishly.

"Really? Of course I am! You were stupid, reckless, inconsiderate, and downright rude." 

"I know and I'm sorry." 

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. Now I have things to do in the morning so I am going to go and get ready for bed." 

He stood to come with me but I quickly stopped him with a hand on his gloriously firm chest. 

"No. You wanted to get away from me, so you can get away and sleep somewhere else. It can be in the house or somewhere else completely but you are not staying in my room." 

"But-" 

"You're lucky this is all I'm doing, now shoo." 

He sighed and walked towards the guest room. 

I walked into the master bedroom and shut the door. Why is there always something that comes between us? 

I sighed and shook my head. I just need to sleep and figure it all out tomorrow. 

"Baby" I heard a soft voice and felt shaking. "Babe, hey, wake up." 

I groaned and pushed the hand away making the voice chuckle.