|10|

Ace stepped into the ring to fight Damien. I was so confused right now. Why is he here? He told me he wouldn't fight again. What did he mean by 'king'? 

I was hiding at the edge of the crowd so I couldn't see much. But every time I heard the crowds' gasps and cheers I got worried.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting I heard a final blow and what sounded like a body hitting the ground. 

I didn't want to know who it was or who won so I turned and left as quickly as I could without drawing attention to myself. 

I finally made it home and my mind was still reeling with a million questions. 

Is this why Damien came home covered in blood? Is this what he has been hiding from me? Is he in the mafia too? Does Ace know about this? I am just sick and tired of the secrets. 

I decided to take my mind off things with some online window shopping and watched some television. I heard Damien come home about an hour and a half later. 

"Elizabeth? Will you please come down here?" I heard him yell up the stairs.

I decided to play along. "Why?"

"Just please."

Debating on going down or not, I decided to go and see what he wanted.

I came down the stairs to see him taking some trays out of the oven and put them on plates.

"What is that?"

"I went out and got us some Olive Garden. I know it's your favorite."

When did he have time for that?

"How did you know when I'd be back?"

"I knew you wouldn't be out too late, you never are unless you're with Grace." 

"You know you can't buy my forgiveness."

"I knew you would say that, which is why when I was out I also got you this."

He went around the corner and came out a moment later holding an adorable puppy.

"Aww oh my gosh, he's adorable!" I squealed forgetting all about the previous two hours. 

I ran up to the puppy in his arms and he transferred him over to me and the little thing could not have weighed more than 10 pounds.

"Did you buy me a puppy?"

He smiled. "It wasn't just because you wanted one, it was also for my sanity."

I gave him a questioning gaze.

"Because if someone breaks in he will be there to protect you if I am not."

"What is his name?"

"He doesn't have one yet."

"Oh. What about him do you know?"

"He is 7 weeks old, he was just weaned. He is an Australian shepherd and Anatolian shepherd mix. He is up to date on everything medical. And his coloring is very different."

It was interesting. He had the build of an Anatolian shepherd, but the coloring of an Australian shepherd. His face had different specs of golden, gray, and black on his white body.

"I don't know what else to say but thank you."

I pet the puppy and thought about a good name.

"Do you have any ideas on a good name?" I asked Damien.

"There's Cap, Ryker, Apollo, Zeus-"

"I like the idea of one of the Greek gods."