|13|

It was a while before I come out of the bathroom, I had been hoping to somehow avoid Ace. Even though I knew he wasn't the cowardice type to run and leave with something still to discuss. 

I stepped out of the bathroom and sure enough there he was waiting for me. I brushed past him and continued to put my clothes in their respective places. I came out of the closet going to make the bed to find it was already made. 

I finally decided to look up at Ace and saw his face was hard, but his eyes were unmistakable- love and sadness. 

"Ace-" 

"No, I know what you are going to say. And I don't regret it although I know you do." 

I sighed. "That's the thing. I feel that I should regret it, but I don't. If anything I just makes me want you all over again. But I can't just jump into it, Ace. For one thing, I still love Damien- at least I think I am. And the second you already know; I cannot just jump into a relationship with you again not after what happened. It will take more work, not just one date and a bouquet of flowers." 

I looked into his eyes expecting anger, sadness, or something of the like but all I saw was love and determination. 

"Oh don't worry kiska, I'll get you back in no time." 

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah?" 

"Bet on it." 

I hummed. "We'll see." 

We went downstairs and had breakfast together before playing outside with Posiden.

We were sitting on the grass laughing as Posiden was doing really cute and funny puppy things like pouncing on some random spot of grass. Ace's cell phone started to ring and he looked at who it was and immediately sobered up and gave me a look. I knew what it meant- mafia business. 

He took the call, but in Russian. I had a feeling that most of the reason was so I couldn't eavesdrop. He quickly started yelling into the phone and hung up. 

I chanced a look at him and saw that he was trying to not blow up. 

"Ace, is everything ok?" 

He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to talk but I beat him to it. 

"And don't you dare lie to me." 

He chuckled a little. "Yes, the men lost a load of weapons and it is going to cost us if they cannot recover them." 

I nodded. "How were they lost?" 

"Da-Another gang ambushed us and grabbed them." 

I noticed his minor word slip but didn't think much of it. 

"When will you teach me more Russian?" 

He smirked and looked me deep in the eye. 

"You see kiska if I teach you Russian, how am I going to protect you from mafia stuff, or have cute nicknames that drive you insane?" 

"Well I don't want you to hide anything from me, I want you to feel you can talk to me about whatever- even mafia stuff. And they will still be cute and make me smile, even if I know the meanings." 

"Hmm, and what about our children? I want to teach them so that we can talk and plan things to surprise you." 

"Woah, too fast there bubba." I said while I pat his arm. "Slow it down a little. We aren't even together." 

"Yet" I heard him mumble under his breath. 

We spent a good portion of the day together- laughing, playing with the puppy, and talking. But he eventually had to go to take care of the weapons situation at mafia.