|7|

I took a deep breath for the fifth time while in this office. 

Once we went into the bank we were quickly rushed into the office of the branch manager after explaining the nature of our visit. 

"Babe, why are you so stressed? Everything will be fine." He reassured me with a hand on my thigh. He was rubbing my leg but not in a sexual way.

I sighed again, but before I said anything the door swung open revealing a middle-aged man. 

I quickly stood to greet him. 

He smiled gently at me, "Hello, I am George Baldwin the branch manager. First of all, let me tell you I am so very sorry for your loss."  He shook both of our hands while speaking. 

"Thank you, sir." 

He chuckled, "Please, call me George, 'sir' makes me feel so old. Well, let's not prolong anything. I know you are here about Ms. Thompson's death and the money she left you." 

I nodded not trusting my voice. 

"There are a few options for you to choose from. You can take everything out in cash and that's it. However, due to the taxes that will be required with this that could be a little tricky. The second option is to leave the money in this bank and just transfer the account to your name and information. This would most likely be the easiest for everyone. There are other options if these are not to your liking." 

I nodded looking over at Damien. 

He seemed to be thinking the same thing, well I think. 

"Um, I think that it would be best to go with the second option." 

"Perfect! No there are no monthly fees or anything of the sort. I will grab you the new member information and the paperwork needed to get it over to you." 

He left the room at the same pace that he entered in.

"I think that was a good choice, love."

I nodded, but it might have just looked like I was breathing. 

The manager came back in, not losing any speed. 

"Here is that pesky paperwork, and here is your first statement." 

We looked over everything and filled out the necessary pages and sighed, Damien also on the account. 

We finished things up rather fast and soon enough we were going outside, me a half a million dollars richer. 

We pulled up to her house- well my house now and it was just as I remembered, just with a little more worn paint. 

I got out of the car and stood where I was just looking at it, reminiscing. 

The sound of children laughing in front of the big blue house could be heard from miles around. The sun giving warmth and light for the children to enjoy a fall day outdoors. 

As the car I was sitting in the back of pulled in, all the kids stopped to see who the new kid would be. Small children hoping for another playmate and the older possibly after a lover. 

The child worker came to my door and opened it. I wasn't allowed to open it myself since one of the last times I tried to jump out of the car. 

"Welcome to your new home." James, my worker, said. 

"You know it never lasts." I said with a tone.