|17|

I was finishing up closing the shop, powering off the last machine, and doing the final walk around when my phone rang. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey bestie, it's been a bit. How are you?"

"Hey Grace, I'm good. I'm sorry it has been a while since I talked to you or the girls. I'm such a bad friend." I joked a little. 

"Nah, we get it. Anyway, we wanted to do dinner, you up for it?" 

"Sure, when?" 

"Like now." 

I laughed, leave it to Grace to ask me last minute.

"Where are we going? I'm in work clothes so I need to change." 

"Nowhere special, just the diner so no need for fancy clothes or makeup. Do you want me to come and pick you up?" 

"Sure, give me around 20 minutes and I'll be ready." 

"20? What are you doing, making the clothes?" She laughed and I did too.

"No, I got to take care of Poseidon and then I can come." 

"Poseidon?" 

I chuckled. "I'll explain tonight." 

"Ooh is it juicy?" 

I laughed again. "Kinda, the story itself isn't too juicy but the events that followed kinda are." 

"Ooh, I can't wait! Be there in 20 babe." She hung up.

I finished the last things and went upstairs to see Poseidon still asleep on his bed. I smiled at him and scratched his head, he moved a little to acknowledge me but remained asleep. I made sure he had plenty of water and enough food and got myself ready. 

I was ready a few minutes early so I checked my emails and my missed calls. Most were spam or telemarketers, but I had a few business-related calls. 

Grace texted that she was here so I kissed Poseidon and went to meet her. 

"Hey, girl." She greeted me when I sat in the passenger seat. 

"Hey, babe. What's up with you recently?" 

She shrugged. "Ya know, the usual. But you have way more exciting things so spill." 

I chuckled. "Well, you know the robbers and that whole situation that happened with Ace and Damien. Did I tell you about the street fighting?" 

She nodded. 

"Ok, well after that Damien got me Poseidon to be like a guard dog, but he is the sweetest thing ever and I don't think he would hurt a fly so that's a little ironic." 

The whole way there was me telling her about the past week or so with Ace and dealing with Damien and the coffee shop.

We pulled in shortly after I finished.

"The girls will be so happy to see you and hear about all of this." She squealed making me chuckle at her. 

We went into the diner and saw the other girls talking and sipping on their drinks. 

We slid into the booth and greeted everyone. 

The night was filled with greasy food, gossip, and catching up with each other and it was exactly what I needed. 

Grace dropped me off after and I noticed a light on in my studio. Thinking I had just been in a rush and forgot to turn off the light I didn't pay it much attention and proceeded to go inside.