|16|

We separated after a while and caught our breath, avoiding each other's gaze which quickly turned into an uncomfortable silence. 

"Yes."

"Yes, you will give me the night or yes to being together?" 

"You never asked me to be your girlfriend."

"It was an obvious open invitation." 

I gave an unladylike snort/chuckle mix. I don't know why it wasn't that funny- maybe it was the uncomfortableness I was feeling. 

"Yes to the night." 

He smiled. "I will take everything you give me gratefully." 

I gave him a soft smile in return but I don't know if I will be able to keep my head out of the way tonight.

He was already making dinner before I came up so we were sitting in the living room to eat. He was sitting on one side and I was on the other with my legs in his lap. He was rubbing my leg up and down occasionally rubbing a certain spot if it seemed to need it. I thought he was doing it on purpose to earn me back or something, but he seemed to be doing it mindlessly as his attention was entrapped into the television. Not that I was complaining, I was really enjoying it.

I don't remember most of the night, I briefly remember Ace slowly getting up, and then I heard the clanking of dishes. I was so tired and my eyes were too heavy to open, but I could still hear things. 

Ace washed the dishes and then came back over to me and I expected him to sit again and watch  TV, but he picked me up bridal style and walked me to my 'room'. As this is a studio apartment there is one main room and a bathroom. My studio is about twice the size as most, but still only one big room.

He laid me in my bed and tucked me in. I tried to put up a fight because I was still in my work clothes and I wanted to change.

"Shh kiska. What's wrong?"

I was so tired I was having trouble talking right, but I managed to mumble 'change'. 

I took him a minute but he understood. He went to my armoire and shuffled around. He came back a few moments later and gently sat me up. I know I should probably be upset that he is going to help me change but I was too tired to care. 

I weakly got my arms up and he pulled my shirt off and put on a nightshirt. He then asked me if I could undo my bra or if I wanted him to. I peeled my eyes open and looked at him. I managed to unclip my bra and he took it and put it in my hamper.  He then asked if he could take my pants off and I shook my head. 

I was already in leggings so I could just sleep in these. He helped me back into bed and kissed my forehead. 

"Stay." I mumbled into my pillows.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head, or I thought I did. He still got onto the bed- not into the covers. But he ended up getting cold and got under the covers where I almost immediately cuddled into him. Whenever I am drunk or really tired I get really lovey and cuddly. 

 We fell asleep cuddled together and that is how we stayed- for the most part. 

I woke up and was on my side with Aces warm and big draped over my stomach holding me into his front. For the few moments before he woke up I enjoyed it. I went back to a time before any of the crap happened, and before he cheated. Where we were young and in love. 

But soon I felt him shift and he woke up. Instead of letting me go, he tightened his grip and pulled me impossibly closer to him. He put his face in my hair and breathed softly. We silently agreed to stay like this for a bit and just revel in the presence of each other.