|6|

I woke up and got ready as quickly as I could without waking Damien. He is a heavy sleeper so it wasn't too difficult. I then proceeded to open up the cafe with the help of one of my workers. Damien texted me saying he was packing us a suitcase just in case it took more than one day. I hope it didn't, but I was grateful for his logical thinking where I'm lacking. 

I was getting myself and Damien breakfast when the bell rung indicating our first customer of the morning. 

"Good morning, what can I get for- what are you doing here?" Today of all days he had to show up. 

"Good morning kiska."

"What are you doing here?" 

"Well, I heard this was the best cafe in town, and I wanted a taste." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "You just like black coffee, there is practically no way to mess that up. What are you really doing here?" 

"You remember how I like my coffee?"

I groaned. "Ace, just tell me what you want, I have to go." 

"Where are you going?" 

"Far away from you." 

He chuckled, "Come now kotenok, all I wanted was a coffee, muffin, and to talk."

"Well, I will get you two of those things. For the food and drink, it will be $7.93." 

He gave me a $20.

"Thank you, your change will be-" 

"No, just keep the change kiska."

"Stop calling me that! You lost that right years ago."

"Elizabeth-"

"Why don't you tell me why you're here. You suddenly just pop up out of nowhere and want what? For us to get back together? For me to suddenly fall into your arms again?"

He looked down. "Look all I want is a chance."

I scoffed. "You had your chance. You were this close," I said while holding up my thumb and pointer finger. "this close to having me forever. But I apparently wasn't worth two weeks. I mean why wait two weeks to have sex with your fiancé when you can pick any girl and have at it."

"Elizabeth, I just want-"

"Honestly, I don't know why you're here. We could go rounds with this. Tell me what you want."

"I told you-"

"We are not-"

"Will you fucking let me finish?" He yelled.

"There's that temper again. The same one that probably caused you to cheat."

That was a low blow but I was mad.

"Please just give me a chance. I love you, and I always have. I want you to be with me forever. I want to call you mine and wake up next to you. I want to grow old with you, watch our kids and grandkids grow."

I busied myself with making his coffee and warming his muffin.

I turned to give him his food. "Ace-"

"Liz, are you ok?" I heard Damien behind me.

"Damien, I thought you were asleep."

He raised an eyebrow. "I heard shouting and wanted to make sure you were ok."

I walked over to be near him.

"I was just finishing this order then I was going to come up so we could leave."