Chapter 19- You have a visitor

*Maddy's POV*

We pulled up in front of the hospital. Harry looked at me and squeezed my hand.

"Ready love?" he asked.

I nodded and Paul opened the door.

"You have an hour. We cant be here for long. The boys have a concert in-"

He was cut off by Liam.

"Paul. We will take as much time as we want. Im sure everyone wouldnt mind waiting one more day. Her dad died. Give her some time." he said.

Paul looked shocked. He brushed it off and watched as the rest of them piled out the door. The whole walk up to my brothers room was silent. Nobody talked. Im sure they either didnt know what to say or they were giving me space. Time to think. Process.

When we came to his door I couldnt find myself to open it. Its not like he's dead, but I just couldnt do it. So Niall did it for us. When we walked in Ryan was watching TV. Football. Of course.

"Hey Maddy." he said.

His voice was cracked and deep.

"Ryan." I said.

I ran over to the bed and hugged him. He chuckled and hugged back.

"I missed you sis." he said.

I smilied.

"Really?" i asked.

"Of course. Why wouldnt I?" he replied.

I took a step back and let him say his hello's with the boys.

"How you feeling bro?" Zayn asked him.

"Alot better than yesterday thats for sure. Have you guys heard any news on mum?" he asked.

We all shook our heads.

"We only got news about your dad." Louis said.

He nodded.

"They only told me he passed. Nothing more." Ryan said.

A tear escaped my eye.

"Maddy. Everything will be okay. Mum will survive, and im fine. Just alittle shook up. Thats all." Ryan said. "Come here."

He motioned for me to come over to him. So I did. He picked me up and sat me on the bed beside him. He put his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Everything will be okay. I promise." he said.

I started to cry more. He looked at Harry. Who just shrugged.

"So.. I saw that interview yesterday. It was on TV when i woke." Ryan said breaking the silence.

I looked up at him.

"Love eh?" he said smiling.

I smiled and looked at Harry. I reached my hand out to him and he took it.

"Yeah." I said. "At least one good thing happened that day."

The tears were slowing down now. I looked over at Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis. They were watching football. I stood up and went over to Harry. He held me in his arms and we watched as Ryan and the boys screamed at the TV.

"TOUCHDOWN!" Louis screamed.

They all cheered and I smiled. My brother was smiling also. They were all just sitting in the room, like none of this is happening, watching football together. It was something to see.

"Can we go see my mum now?" I asked Harry.

I really didnt want to leave but I wanted to see how my mum was doing.

"Sure love. Should we tell the boys?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"They are fine. We will only be a minute." I replied.

He nodded and we left the room. My mum's room was right across from Ryan's. We walked in and she was laying there. Staring at the cieling.

"Hi mum." I said.

She looked over at me and smiled.

"Maddy..." she said.

I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

The smile dissapeared off her face.

"Not very well darling." she replied.

I kissed her forehead and sat down on the chair. There was only one chair so I had to sit on Harry's lap.

Whats with the not enough chairs all of a sudden?

I brushed off the thought as Harry wrapped his arms around me. My mum smiled.

"Couple?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Very cute." she said. "Glad your happy Maddy. You too Harold."

"Hey." he said. "Rule #1. We dont call Harry Harold."

I laughed. I looked back over to my mum who looked like she was drifting off to sleep. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Goodnight mum." I said.

Harry and I went to leave the room. The sound pierced through the room. So loud.

I turned around to look at what was making the noise. It was her monitor. It was blank.