Anchors Away!: Chapter 25

So I decided to post some chapters early.

Chapter 26 and possibly 27 will be posted this week as well...maybe.

The story will be picking up, and more action will be coming up...you have been warned.

Also, some Omega Squadron in these next few chapters.

Also, one person guessed correctly, and if you read the comments you probably know who, they will get a quick shoutout at the end.

Anyway, here we go!

3rd Person.

Artemis walked into a large building, Percy, wearing his Armor and Helmet, was sitting backward on a chair, facing a large group of soldiers doing different maneuvers and practicing with different weapons. 

Leaning on the doorframe she waited for the class to end. 

It had been almost three months since the war had officially begun. New Athens was beginning to collapse, its riots and the recent attacks on its borders overwhelming the city. New Rome was still under constant attack. Reyna having gone back a few weeks ago, had been sending the war council weekly reports, and they were not pretty. Whole squads would go missing, just to turn up later all dead and maimed. 

Supplies were always low, and Anpathio was struggling to keep the small number of resupply routes open. On top of that 3 high-priority military bases had stopped all communications, a team had been sent to each figure out what had happened, only a few come back, with horrific stories to tell, that is if they were sane enough to speak. 

It was apparent that this war was going to belong, and tragic. Even with a highly trained organized military, one that was not made up of children, they were struggling.

Hecate, Athena, and Annabeth were still working with their team, Leo had also been brought on, but they seemed to be making no headway. Very few subjects focussed on Tartarus, even in the spiritual records of Hecate herself. But then again, they're tasked with tracking the untrackable.

"Artemis!" 

Looking up, Artemis realized that the class had ended, Percy was staring right at her. 

Looking to make sure no-one was looking, Artemis unsealed Percy's helmet with a hiss, and pulled it up above his nose, giving him a quick, but passionate, kiss. 

After his helmet was back over his face, Percy spoke, "Not that I'm complaining, but you came all this way just to give me a kiss?"

"While I wish I had, no, we've been summoned, seems like we have an assignment"

"Oh? From whom?" 

"Members of the war council, basically some generals and some Olympians, though I heard Rebbeca was there" 

"Alright then, we shouldn't keep the grouches waited should we?" 

---

Quickly Artemis flashed themselves to the front of the war room, mainly to avoid an armed escort, she hated those. 

Entering the room, which was much more empty than the last time they were there, Zeus immediately spoke. 

"Ah, daughter! Alkiviadis!" He winked at Percy "Good to see you, though I wish under better circumstances." 

"What is the problem, Lord Zeus?"

"I'm afraid I am not the best one to explain it, General Fretyu, could you please take it from here?"