Chapter 4: The Confusion

Six years later

Annabeth POV

It's been six years since Percy disappeared. After almost 6 full years of searching, Thalia urges me to move on. I really didn't want to, but I also started feeling like I should. The question in my mind was "what if he comes back?"

After a few more months of grieving, I pick myself back up a force myself back into the world. After a few more months I met this other minor god, he prefers to be called Damien because his godly name is impossible to pronounce.  He made me feel like I had with Percy and I slowly opened up to him.  He eventually confesses his feelings for me and asked If I felt the same. After many drinks of Godly Liquor and talks with Thalia, I finally accept a date from him and find that I enjoyed it very much. Things were going well, and It all was going well we planned our third date in the old forests of CHB, just picnicking, and having fun. But the Fates hate me. 

---------------------------LINE BREAK---------------------------------------

As Damien and I lean in for a kiss I hear a rustling in the bushes, And who comes out but the one and only Percy Jackson, I'm so screwed. First I see the confusion on his face, then anger, but then I see him put on a sad smile and walk over. 

"Hey Annie," he says smiling "Life treating you well?" 

"Percy," I say crying "I'm so sorry, I-I thought you left me, o-or were captured, I l-looked everywhere but you w-where g-gone!" 

He silences me with a hug "I understand wise girl" there's his flaw again, "are you happy?"

I nod "yes happier than I have been in a long time" "Good," he says smiling.

He then turns to Damien, "can I talk with you for a second" fear flashes in his eyes, but then I see acceptance and he nods, following Percy Behind the Bush. 

DAMIEN POV

I am so dead. I did not see any other way this could go, as I follow him behind the bush I prepare for the worst. 

But then he says something shocking.

"Will you treat her well and fairly?" he says with determination in his eyes. 

"Y-yes" I reply "Do you love her?" he questions "more than I knew I could" 

He smiled "Do you swear on the Styx that you will never cheat on her, and never leave her unless for an extremely important reason?" "I swear" thunder booms. 

He smiles brightly "Then you'll be needing this," he says handing me a ring and felt box, the ring is a masterpiece. The band is pure silver with, gray diamonds sparkling across, complex designs wrap around the band. PURE LOVE is inscribed on the bottom. "I can't accept this Perseus I--" I'm interrupted "Nonsense, She is happy and so are you. That is all I could ever want for her. So go get her!" he says. 

I'm shocked, then I beam in joy and take the ring. As I turn he adds "And call me Percy dude." and with that, he walks away.

DOOONNNEEE! Percy's reaction in the next chapter so stay tuned! Comment any tips/concerns....byenow