Chapter 6: Alkiviadis Soterios

60 years later...

ARTEMIS POV

It's been 60 years since anyone has last seen Percy, and if I'm honest with myself I'm worried for him. It's a strange feeling being worried about a male, yet I don't know there is something about Percy that drives me to get to know him. About 20 years after Percy's disappearance a Cloaked man started bringing children to either camp or my hunters. All the hunters brought by him come from an abusive home yet that all seem to trust him, some trust him more than me!

When we question the kids most say that he never took down his hood, some say that he did for them but always wore a mask, so far we know, he's about 6'4, muscled yet not overly so, and even wings have been mentioned once or twice. One thing they all say is that his name is Alkiviadis Soterios. A name meaning Unknown Savior. Kids have called him Alky, Sotto, even Viad (no one knows why on that one). Yet we can't catch him. He's brought over 20 hunters into my ranks, greatly helping our numbers. I've heard he's brought even more boys and girls to Camp Olympian. 

Every time he brings someone to the hunters or to camp, we chase him. Hoping to see who this person is. I even chased him once, but every time there is a gust of wind and he's gone.  Zeus ordered the capture of this figure as soon as he outran me, going all 'He is a threat to Olympus' again. So here the hunt is chasing a shadow. 

----------------------------------LINE BREAK-------------------------------

After hours of walking through the woods, I hear some rustling, as if something heavy is moving through the woods. "Hunters " I cry "Let us take a break shall we?" I question they all nod and smile "I heard heavy steps up there, how about a hunt?" I say smiling mischievously. Even more, happy grins spread throughout the group. Rushing through the woods tree by tree, we follow the now identified minotaur. As we drop down and circle it from behind it gave a loud cry. 

Puzzled I wonder what it is doing until we are suddenly surrounded by hundreds of monsters. The hunt is tough but we're not a military force, 60-70 mosters tops, hundreds? Were screwed.

Preparing for a blood bath my hunters and I form a circle drawing our bows. The monsters drawback their own bows. Just as we both were about to fire a huge plume of dark purple flame rose from the back of the army. Suddenly all the monsters turned toward the flame and started attacking it as if it was a person. The flame began cutting through the monsters rank by rank, line by line. Until I could actually see our savior. 

An angelic figure in a black cloak was visible, two black swords in hand swirling through the monsters with a grace usually only found in the hunters. Massive black wings sprouted from his back the tips of which looked a metallic silver. All of this while being alight with the purple flame, which I now recognize. The flame the figure wields is known as φλόγα σκιάς or shadow flame, other names for it are hellfire or the corrupted flame. This flame as I recall is given to a person to wield until it is passed on, the person is known as the πορφυρή σκιά or the crimson shadow, because of their flame, and the blood and death that follows it. 

Seeing this figure brought hope, but also fear into my heart. He is helping us and saving the hunters, which I am grateful for. But the Black wings are what worry me, black wings are the symbol of fallen angels or angels that went to Tartarus/Hell. This figure bears those wings, so I'm not out of my mind to question his motives. 

As I finish my train of thought I realize the minotaur is the only monster left. As he charges it his blades alight with black flame, or the strongest shadow fire. He jumps up a stab the beast in the head yelling "NOW JUST STAY DEAD!" and with that, it crumples into pure black dust. I realize he just faded the minotaur. 

"Who are you?" I cry "what's your business here?"

He laughs and pulls down his hood, now that he is not lit with an inferno I can study him more closely. His head is covered with a black mask/helmet,

 His head is covered with a black mask/helmet,

and his hands are gloved. his outfit I realize now is less of a cloak and more of an assassin's garb. At this moment I also realize his wings are gone. 

"Forgive my manners Lady Artemis, my name is Alkiviadis Soterios," he says in an eloquent voice. 

"W-wait your him?" I ask "you don't match the description." 

"Ah yes just gave me a makeover so to say, new clothes, new mask. You know reinvention" he casually says. I'm about to continue when he adds "Lady Artemis one moment please there is someone I would like you to meet" and with that, he walked into the woods.

After 5 minutes I thought he ran away. Cursing myself silently for being so stupid, why did I trust him so easily? I was about to give up a tell my hunters to go when he came through the bushes once more. Holding a little girl, who could be no more than 5 years old. 

"Ah, Lady Artemis. This is Lily" He said gesturing toward the girl. "Daughter of Poseidon" A gasp was heard around the hunters. Once he set the girls down I could have a look at her, Deep black hair just like Percy, she even had his eyes. "She looks just like Percy," Thalia says, calling all our thoughts into words. After his disappearance, she took it the hardest. Claiming it was all her fault. She said he had forgiven her no problem, but I can see she just can't do the same, she can't forgive herself. 

Turning back towards Alkiviadis and Lily, see her look back at the figure as if asking for support. He gave a nod and she slowly walks over to me "Awr you Awtemis?" She asks, smiling I reply "Yes young one I am, what do you need?" "Alky says dat you have hunters, just for giwls," she says "Yes I do Lily, do you wish to join?" I ask. she nods, after taking the oath I send her to the other hunters to get acquainted. Look toward Alkiviadis I see him still here getting hugged into oblivion by the girls he rescued. 

As they finish I walk up to him. "I take it you want to bring me to Olympus?" he questions. Shocked I say "Well yes, but first I would like to thank you. The girls have told me how you saved them from horrible situations and punish the people responsible, in ways I only expected from myself and the hunters. You gained my respect before I even met you." "Thank you milady" he starts "Earning your respect is no small feat, therefore I am grateful, now as to Olympus. I will go" "What?" I look at him even more shocked than before "You have been running and hiding this whole time, and now you just decide to come quietly?" he pauses before responding "Yes that is true, but I feel it is time I stop running. It will only get more and more annoying, so I think it is best just to go now" "Now" he continues "shall we go?" 

DOOOONNNNNNEEEE!!!! how was that?