Chapter One

Abby's POV

"Do you have any idea why Mr. Kent wanted to talk to us?" I asked Emily. She shrugged and thought for a second.

"Do you think we're in trouble?" She frowned. I opened my mouth to answer but Mr. Kent walked in.

"Thanks for coming, girls," he nodded.

"Are we in trouble?" I asked.

"Did you do something to get in trouble?" He quizzed.

"No," Emily answered.

"So why are we here?" I frowned.

"You two are the only people to figure out that this isn't a normal school. Well, a few days ago, we got a call about some people that needs to be protected," he explained.

"What does that have to do with us?" Emily questioned.

"I was wondering if you two would take the job," he stated.

"Who is it that we would have to protect?" I asked.

"That is classified unless you take the job," he frowned.

"Is there anymore information you can give us?" Emily asked.

"I'm afraid not," he sighed.

"Can we talk it over?" I asked. He nodded and we walked out of the room.

"Do you think we should take it?" Emily asked.

"I don't see why not," I shrugged.

"Who do you think they are?" She frowned.

"Obviously not someone dangerous if he's asking two teenage girls," I stated. She nodded and we walked back into the room.

"We will take the job," Emily told him.

"Great. They are waiting in the office," he smiled. He led us up to the office and turned to us sternly.

"The people you are going to be protecting are inside. Whatever you so, be as professional as possible," he ordered. Emily and I exchanged looks and he opened the door. We walked in and I immediately spotted the five young men.

"You must be Emily and Abby," Paul greeted, walking towards us.

"Hi," I smiled as he shook our hands.

"These are the people you are going to be protecting," Mr. Kent nodded at the five other men.

"Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn," Paul introduced. I was suddenly incapable of speaking.

"Alright, girls," Mr. Kent began. "You are going to be leaving with them. We'll call your parents and tell them that you are going into a student exchange program."

The other left the room and he studied us for a second.

"Remember, no getting involved with your clients," he said firmly. We nodded and he escorted us to a car. We got inside with them and began to drive away. I sat next to Niall and Emily sat next to Liam. Everyone was quiet and the boys seemed a little tense.

A few hours later, we arrived at what I assumed was the hotel that they were staying at. We were ushered out of the car and into a conference room. Simon was waiting for us and we all sat down.

"Good afternoon, ladies. I'm sure you're very curious about all this," he nodded.

"A little," Emily agreed.

"I'm afraid that, lately, the boys have been receiving threats. Until recently, we didn't take them too seriously," he stated.

"What happened?" I questioned.