Chapter Eighteen

Emily's POV

"Let me go, you bitch!" I snapped, struggling against my restraints. Cassy laughed.

"What are you going to do, princess? Cry me to death?" he taunted.

"Leave her alone!" Zayn hissed from behind me. We were tied to chairs back to back.

"No can do, Malik," she smiled, catching his jaw. "Kent's orders."

"What are his orders?" I asked.

"You have to be alive. I don't know why. It would be so easy to kill you all now but that would be a surefire way to die myself. Oh well," she sighed. She walked out and I looked over at Harry.

"Harry, wake up!" I shouted.

"Emily, what if he's seriously hurt? Like, he lost his memory, or has some sort of brain damage, or what if he..." Zayn broke off. "What of he's dead?"

Harry groaned.

"He's not dead. Shawn wants us alive, remember?" I said, my mind racing. "Do you have a pocket knife?"

"Uh, yeah. In my left back pocket," he said.

"Can you reach it?" I asked. He was silent for a moment.

"No," he answered.

"I think I can," I stated. I moved my arms closer to the pocket and my fingertips brushed against the top of the knife before pain made me stop. I took a deep breathe and tried again, this time succeeding in getting it.

"Got it!" I grinned. I carefully opened it and attempted to cut through the rope. The knife slipped abd it cut my arm. I muffled my yell in my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Zayn asked.

"I'm fine," I answered. I configured trying to cut through it and finally succeeded. I stood up and pressed a hand to my cut. I moved to get Zayn but he shook his head.

"Get Harry!" He ordered. I nodded and walked over to where he was slumped against the wall. If carefully cut the ropes around his wrists and ankles and checked his pulse. I smiled and tried to wake him up.

"Come on, Harry. Open your eyes," I ordered. They fluttered slightly and hope gripped me. Then they shut and he was limp again.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here," Cassy hissed from the doorway.

Shawn's POV

Cassy dragged Emily in front of me. I looked at her and rose an eyebrow.

"She was trying to escape," she said. I looked over at Emily.

"Of course she was trying to escape. She was tied up. Wouldn't you?" I shook my head. "Put her with the others."

I turned and heard Cassy start to drag her away.

"I loved you, Shawn!" Emily yelled. I could imagine the tears that streaked down her face. "I fucking gave you everything and you go and do this! Why would you do this? I hate you!"

My hands curled into fists and I was shaking with anger.

"You want to know why?" I snarled, turning around and making Cassy pause. I gestured for her to leave and she nodded before exiting. "You want to know why I'm doing this?"

She was quiet and I saw her eyes widen in fear. I walked closer and crossed my arms, glaring down at her.
"The reason I do this is for that damn rule. Harry was right. I am the reason they made that rule," I hissed, bending down so our faces were barely apart. I straightened up and walked behind her. "I was in love. Her name was Liz. They told me it was my job to protect her. I thought they told me the entire mission. We were to take a boat to Australia where I would hand her off to someone else. We fell in love along the way."

"What does this have to do with anything?" Emily hissed. I glared at her. She glared back.

"Once we got to Australia, I handed her over just like I was supposed to. Then I heard the gunshot," I paused and took a deep breathe. "They had told me to protect her just so they could kill her themselves. I vowed vengeance from that point on. I met The Wanted, who wanted their own form of revenge against One Direction. We came up with a plan. We would take down One Direction and the agency would be framed. The rest would be up to the fangirls."

"So you're doing all this just because they killed Liz?" she asked. I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my teeth.

"You don't understand what it's like to have the love of your life torn from you by the people you trust," I hissed.

"What do you think you did to me?" she snapped, turning to face me. " I loved you! I gave you everything! I'm carrying your child, for Christ's sake!"

I looked up into her eyes. They were filled with tears. I shook my head.

"Get her out of here," I snapped. Cassy came in and dragged her out.

"I fucking hate you!" Emily shouted before the door closed. That one phrased echoed in my mind for hours.