Chapter Fifteen

Abby's POV

"Any luck?" I asked as Shawn and Emily as they walked into the house.

"No," Shawn sighed. "There was no trace."

"Our only lead is Cassy from the party," Emily stated. "And we don't even know her last name."

"Aren't you federal agents?" I frowned. "Can't you just flash your badges or whatever and get her name from the hotel or even look at the security footage?"

Shawn looked mildly embarrassed and scratched the back of his neck

"How do you know all that?" Emily asked.

"Television," I answered.

"Well, that's all true," he muttered. "I'll go by myself."

He left and Emily sat next to me. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No," she muttered. She opened her eyes and looked at me. "I'm over a week late."

"Does Shawn know?" I asked after a moment of shocked silence.

"I couldn't tell him," she muttered. "What if he leaves me. Or worse, he feels obligated to stay and hates me for it."

"If you two didn't want this to happen, you should have used protection," I told her.

"You aren't helping," she snapped.

"He will stay, Em, because he loves you," I told her.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Because he looks so lost when you aren't around. Like, seriously. He looks like an abandoned puppy," I told her.

"An abandoned puppy?" She laughed.

"Yes. And when you are there, he is an idiot. It's kind of ridiculous, really, how much he loves you," I stated.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really. If you are pregnant, than he'll just get even worse. And that is a good thing. Kind of," I smiled.

"Thanks, Abbs," she laughed. "I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right," I smirked. She rolled her eyes. "So are you going to tell him?"

"I think I should wait until I'm sure," she stated. "I mean, he's got enough things on his plate."

"Of course," I nodded. When Shawn came back, he looked tired. He plopped down next to Emily and laid his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

"They gave me her last name," he stated. "Then I got a phone call from work. I have to go to the school tomorrow. Which reminds me, so do you two."

"We're still doing that?" I asked.

"Yep," he nodded, sitting up. "I suggest you two get some sleep. You have to wake up early in the morning."

He got up and walked to the room. Emily followed him a few minutes later. I sighed and went to my room. I heard Harry still wide awake in his room and knocked on the door.

"Are you ok?" I asked when he opened the door.

"Can't sleep," he shrugged. "I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? Do you want me to stay up with you?" I asked. He glanced at me.

"You don't...," he began then his expression changed. "Yes please."

I walked into the room and we sat on his bed. We didn't talk but there wasn't much need to. At one point, we both passed out on his bed.

The next morning, Shawn woke me up at 4.

"What the hell?" I groaned as he stood above me.

"I need to talk to you," he said almost nervously. I sat up and frowned at him.

"Is Emily ok?" I asked.

"Emily? Yeah, she's fine," he nodded. "But, I just... Can we go to the living room?"

"Um, sure," I frowned, following him out.

"So, um, I..." He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.

"Out with it," I frowned.

"I have to leave. I won't be back for a few days or weeks," he finally said. I glared at him.

"Why?" I demanded.

"All I can tell you is that it is work related," he stated.

"Why are you telling me?" I frowned, crossing my arms.

"I don't want Emily to worry. She'll assume that I just had to stay at the school and I need to tell someone in case something goes wrong," he explained.

"You're not planning on dying, are you?" I frowned, crossing my arms.

"I don't want to," he chuckled uneasily. "But just in case."

"For the sake of Emily, you better not," I snapped.

"I won't," he assured me. He turned to leave but then looked back at me. "Oh, and please don't tell Emily that I told you."

"Aye aye, captain," I sighed. He left and I sank onto the couch.