Chapter Nineteen

Abby's POV

Zayn and Harry were put with us and Louis was sitting with Harry's head in his lap on the bed while Zayn was sitting against the wall, banging his head against it.

"Zayn, you're going to get a concussion," Niall frowned. Zayn paused to look at him.

"I hope so," he said and resumed. I sighed and looked up as the door opened. Emily was shoved into the room and Liam walked over to her. He pulled her into his arms and she sobbed into his shirt.

"We need to get out of here," I sighed.

"How?" Louis asked. "Harry's unconscious, I can barely walk, and Zayn probably can't see straight."

"He's right," Niall sighed. "Abby, why don't you and Emily get out and get help?"

"We're not leaving you," I frowned. Liam walked over with Emily.

"Then what are we going to do?" he asked.

"We..." I trailed off.

"We wait," Emily sighed. I sat down next to Niall and he pulled me into his arms. Louis was sobbing again, Zayn has pulled his knees up to his chest and buried his face into his arms. Liam was sitting with Emily in his lap and was whispering comforting things. I had never seen a more hopeless situation.

"They win," Zayn mumbled. "The Wanted got what they wanted. They broke One Direction."

"They didn't break us," Niall said. Zayn turned and glared at him.

"Look at where the fuck we are, Niall!" he shouted. "We're in a fucking basement! Harry's knocked out! Lou is fucking traumatised! They win!"

He got up and walked to the other side of the room and back again. He was pacing.

"Zayn, we're together. That's all that matters," Niall whispered. "One Direction isn't broken. It isn't broken unless we say it is. Sure, the members may be a little... Battered but all that we need is each other."

A look crossed Zayn's face and he shook his head.

"Oh, Niall," he muttered.

"He's right, Zayn," Louis mumbled. "I've been..." He gulped. "I've been in better situations and I'm not saying this isn't as bad as it is but it could be worse. I was in here alone for days. It was bitterly miserable but it's better now. Because I g it you guys. My brothers."

"How touching," a voice hissed. We all looked up to see Tom and Cassy standing there. "I hate to break this up but Shawn needs Emily."

"Over my dead body," Liam hissed. Tom smirked and Cassy walked over to him. She pulled something out and jabbed him with it. He spawned and fell to the ground.

"Liam!" Emily exclaimed.

"Taser. I suggest you get moving before I use it in you," Cassy hissed at her. She walked forward with her head down.

"Say goodbye, everyone. This may very well be the last time you see her," Tom laughed and then the door shut. Zayn walked over to Liam and helped him up.

"We really need an escape plan," he gasped.

Emily's POV

Cassy kept a firm grip on me as she led me through the building. We reached the room I was in before and Shawn was sitting there.

"Leave," he told the over two. They left the room and we waited for a beat before e said anything. Then he walked over and kissed me. As much as I wanted to kiss him back, I refused. He stepped back.

"Just for the record, I do love you," he stated.

"Then stop all this," I snapped. He looked away.

"I have to avenge Liz. I vowed that I would," he said.

"Then you're a coward," I hissed. He looked over at me.

"I'm not a coward. I am a man of my word," he said through clenched teeth.

"Let them go," I demanded.

"As much as I would love to, I can't. I need them for my plan," he said.

"Then put me back. If you want to kill them, you have to kill me as well," I snapped, crossing my arms. His eyes softened for a second before they hardened again. He marched forward and grabbed my arm roughly. He marched me out of the room and back to the basement door.

"Fine. If you want to die, be. My. Guest," he hissed and shoved me through the door.

Shawn's POV

As soon as the door closed behind Emily, I leaned my head against it and a tear fell. I wiped it away and stood up.

I turned and walked away.

"So how are we going to kill them?" Max asked.

"I'll worry about thst. You worry about your next album," I stated. His face fell and he sighed, walking away. I sat down and put my face in my hands.

Goddamn it, Emily.