Chapter Twelve

Abby's POV

"Abby," Niall called softly. "Time to wake up."

"No it's not," I mumbled. He chuckled and I opened one eye. "Why are you so happy so early?"

"Because I woke up next to you," he stated.

"That was cheesy," I told him, opening my other eye and smiling. "And now I can't go back to sleep. Thanks a lot."

"Yay," he grinned. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"I'm going to take a shower," I told him, grabbing a change of clothes. I jumped in the shower and dried my hair after I got out.

"Well look who's up," Zayn grinned. I rolled my eyes and sat down.

"Why do you have to leave?" Emily asked as she and Shawn walked through the kitchen.

"Because I have to go to work," he smiled. "I've been gone long enough."

"But you need to stay," she frowned. He smiled and rolled his eyes his eyes fondly.

"I'll be back before you know it, Emily girl," he said. He kissed her forehead and left the house.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Shawn's going back to the school," she huffed, sitting next to me.

"Isn't that his job?" Harry frowned.

"Yes," she sighed. "But that doesn't make it any better."

"Right," I breathed. She glared at me.

"Shut up," she snapped. "You would be the same way if Niall left."

"I would not," I frowned.

"Yes you would," she shot back. "You would probably be physically holding him to keep him here."

"I would not!" I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes.

The rest of the day was quiet. Shawn came back that night with some pretty shocking news.

"I'm sorry?" Liam frowned. "It sounded like you said we had to go back to school."

"I did," Shawn nodded.

"Why?" Zayn asked. Shawn sighed.

"You need to finish your studies," Shawn stated. "Don't worry about it too much. It's also a spy school. It's sister schools with your old one."

"There's only like a month and a half left in the school year," Emily frowned.

"Two months, actually," Shawn corrected.

"When do we start?" Niall frowned.

"Monday," he answered. "You need to get ready. It's Saturday."

"I can't believe that I'm going back to school," I muttered.

"It was bound to happen," Emily shrugged. "We haven't graduated yet."

"I know," I sighed.

Monday came far too quickly for my liking. We all some up at about six and got ready by any seven. It started at eight so we compared schedules while we waited.

"We have to go," Liam finally said. We got into the cars and drove to the school. It wasn't far away, maybe ten minutes.

Em's POV

My last class of the day, English, I has with Liam. At that point in the day, I was done with school altogether and I was only have paging attention. Liam sat next to me and he seemed to be dozing off.

"Mr. Singer!" The teacher exclaimed. He shot up, his eyes widening, and he looked around sheepishly.

"Yes, ma'am?" He asked.

"Would you mind telling me what we were just talking about?" She frowned.

"Um, The Great Gatsby," he answered with little hesitation. The teacher rolled her eyes, told him to pay attention, and went back to talking.

After school ended, we met the others in the parking lot. We drive back ti the house and went inside.

"Now I remember why I hated school," Louis groaned, plopping on the couch.

"Don't you have homework?" Liam asked.

"Maybe," he mumbled. Liam rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen. Abby moved Louis's feet to sit on the couch and Niall followed Liam.

"I don't like school," she groaned.

"Well, it's a necessity," Shawn said as he walked in.

"I don't know why," Harry grumbled as he sat on a chair. Shawn ignored him and walked over to me.

"How was your day at school, sweetheart?" He asked, kissing my forehead.

"Long," I answered. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm too tired to deal with your sappy couplyness," Louis frowned, the others agreeing.

"Fine," Shawn laughed. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

"That was not called for," I stated, glaring at all of them.

"Yes it was," Abby piped up. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I sighed.