Chapter Two

Emily's POV

I was one of the first ones up. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I grabbed the eggs and straightened up. I turned around and ran into Liam, who only had a towel around his waist.

"Um, hi," I blushed, looking up.

"Hi," he muttered, blushing as much as I was.

"I didn't think anyone was up," I stated, stepping around him to the stove.

"Oh, right. I'll, um, I'll be right back," he mumbled as he walked out of the room. I laughed as I began cooking. A few minutes later, he came back into the kitchen fully dressed.

"Sorry about that. No one is usually up this early," he stated.

"It's fine," I told him. I started cooking as he pulled out his phone.

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out of my pocket. I checked the caller I.D. and saw Mr. Kent's name. I answered and put it to my ear.

"Hi," I grinned.

"Hey, darling," he said. "How was the first night?"

"Uneventful," I answered.

"That's good," he stated. "Listen, I need to come up there today to check up on you. I should be there around noonish."

"Alright," I nodded. "See you then."

"Goodbye, sweetheart," he smiled. I hung up and Abby came in followed by Niall.

"Mr. Kent is coming today," I told her. "He said something about checking up on us."

"Mmhm," Abby hummed.

"What?" I frowned, glaring at her.

"I didn't say anything," she shrugged. I rolled my eyes and went back to making breakfast. A few minutes later, breakfast was ready and we began to eat.

"Where's the others?" Liam asked. Suddenly, Louis stumbled into the kitchen and sat next to Niall.

"You alright, Lou?" Niall asked.

"Couldn't sleep," he mumbled, resting his forehead against the table. I rolled my eyes and set a cup of coffee in front of him.

"Why?" Abby asked. He shot her a glare then turned it to Liam.

"Someone needs to learn to be quieter," he said venomously. Liam's cheek reddened and, luckily, Harry came in to take the attention away from him.

"Lou, your hair is all over the place," he stated. Louis' hand went to his hair reflexively. "Anyway, Zayn won't wake up."

"I'll get him," Liam announced, getting up and walking out of the room.

"Well, what an interesting morning this has been," Abby stated.

"Interesting doesn't begin to cover it," I muttered.

It took Liam about twenty minutes to get Zayn up and he was so half asleep when he stumbled into the living room, plopping on the couch next to Harry. He let his head rest on Harry's shoulder and the younger boy pushed him off.

"Sorry, mate," he stated. "But I'd prefer if you didn't."

The rest of the day passed hurt relatively quickly.

Abby's POV

When noon rolled around, Emily began lunch and Harry helped her. The safe house didn't have cable so we were stuck with a bunch of movies that were there and an argument broke out about what to watch.