Chapter Seventeen

Louis cried himself into a restless sleep that he looked like he desperately needed. During that time, Shawn came down to visit.

"Let us go, Shawn," I hissed. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I can't. You both know too much," he said. "But I did take the liberty of calling Emily and telling her that her best friend was working with the enemy."

"You're a monster," I hissed. Something flashed in his eyes and he glared at me.

"Listen, I have my reasons for doing this. You might not understand them but they are there," he snapped.

"At least let Louis go," I begged. "He doesn't deserve this."

"No can do," he told me. I bristled with anger.

"How dare you! Louis is one of the sweetest people I know and you let... That horrid beast touch him!" I shouted.

"What are you talking about?" He frowned.

"You know darn well what I'm talking about!" I snapped. Anger crossed his face and he stomped upstairs.

Liam's POV

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Thank God!" Abby exclaimed. "Liam, I need to... Something."

"What?" I asked.

"Lou... Wanted... Traitor... Shawn..."

"What? You're breaking up. I can't understand you," I frowned.

"Emily... Shawn..." She tried again. Then the line went dead.

"Abby?" I frowned. I pulled the phone away from my ear and sighed. I got up and began to search for Emily.

"Em?" I called.

"In here," she called from a bedroom. I walked in and saw her sitting on the bed and crying her eyes out. I walked over ti her, sitting down and pulling her into my arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I... Phone... Shawn... Baby..." She sobbed incoherently.

"Love, I'm going to need you to speak clearly," I told her, holding her at arm's length. She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"I just got off the phone with Shawn and I'm just worried that my baby won't have a dad because he followed Abby and apparently she's a traitor," she sobbed.

"I..." I began but stopped. My head was spinning.

"I can't believe I trusted her," she sobbed.

"I need to go," I said suddenly. I got up and left the house, grabbing my keys and getting into the car. I pulled out and took off down the road. I almost missed a red light and slammed on the brakes.

"Ouch!"

I jumped and spun around as Niall sat up, rubbing his head.

"Niall?" I shouted. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I overheard your and Emily's conversation. I figured that you were going to confront Shawn and that Abby would be near by. So, I'm going to rescue her," he smiled. "Or help arrest her. Depends on if Emily is right or not."

I just blinked at him.

"How the hell did you come up with such a good plan?" I asked.

Abby's POV

"Pick up. Pick up. Pick up," I chanted quietly with the phone pressed my ear.

"Hello?" Emily asked.

"Emily!" I exclaimed.

"Abby? I don't want to talk to you," she snapped.

"No. Don't hang up. Let me explain. Shawn's lying you!" I whispered.

"How do I know that for sure?" she asked suspiciously. I would have answered but the door slammed.

"Mute your side of the phone," I hissed then clicked speaker and hid it behind my back. Louis was siding next to me and he flinched as Shawn came closer, draggin two people behind him.

"I brought you two more," he snapped, pushing them forward.

"Niall? Liam? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Rescuing you?" Niall smiled sadly. Liam glared at him. Shawn rolled his eyes.

"As sweet as this reunion is, I have to run. There's still two more of you out there," he smirked. He turned and left.

"Bastard," Liam hissed as I untied him. He got Niall and I grabbed the phone.

"Please tell me that you heard that?" I begged.

"I can't believe it," Emily whispered. I could hear the tears in her voice.

"Emily, you can't have a breakdown on me now. I need you to do something," I said. All I heard was a sob. "Emily?"

"Abby?" Zayn's voice floated out to me.

"Zayn! Oh thank God!" I exclaimed.

"What's going on?"

"Get Harry and Emily and get out of the house! Don't trust anyone!" I ordered.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Gey out now! It'll all make sense later!" I told him.

"It's making sense now," a female voice said.

"Cassy," I hissed. "Leave them alone."

"Or you'll what?" she laughed cruelly. I opened my mouth to retort but the mine went dead.

"They got the others," Louis sobbed. I walked over and hugged him.

"Don't worry, Lou," Liam said, walking over as well. "We're going to get out of this."

He shook his head and cried into my shoulder. I sighed and just rubbed his back soothingly. That was all I could do.