9.What happened to.... An Invitation

He stared at me as recognition flashed through his eyes

He stared at me as recognition flashed through his eyes. I stood frozen beside Marie, the five dollar note in my hand crumpling. There was a long awkward silence until Marie cleared her throat.

"Eh, as much I love being in this awkward little situation" she said gesturing between all of us." I'd really appreciate if you could hurry it up, there are other customers waiting." His eyes shifted to Marie's and turned back to mine. 

''Right, er.....That'll be $2.99." He said after scanning the glue. I still stood paralyzed in place. Marie let out a groan and snatched the money out of my hand handing it too Thomas. He took it giving me back my change.

"T-Th –Thanks."

He nodded. "You're Caleb's friend right? The one we saw here the other day?" He asked. I nodded not trusting myself to say anything else. He smiled. I gulped, I couldn't believe THOMAS ROGERS was even looking at me let alone smiling. Thankfully Marie came to my rescue. '' Well were going to go now.'' She grabbed the glue with one hand and my arm with the other leaving store as Thomas waved at me. I waved back weakly and faced the direction we were going in.

Once we were outside I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Well, that went well." I said. Marie let out a chuckle. I stared at her confused. She stopped laughing as her face morphed with realization. "You're serious?" She asked. I nodded slowly.

She let out another laugh. "You think that went well? Ally you stood there like you were incapable for 5 minutes straight and then when he smiled you looked like a helpless fish with your mouth opening and closing like that." She said.

I frowned. "I wasn't that bad." I said.

We reached my front door and rang the bell. My dad popped his head out to see who it was breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that it was us. "I thought you were mom for a second there." He said opening the door wider so we could enter. It was a good thing my mom and my aunt had decided to catch up and are spending the day in town together. 

On the kitchen table Dad had pieced the plate together and we had to do was careful apply glue to it. It took almost an hour to actually get it done and when it was dry enough we placed under another china plate to draw less attention to it. At least we would be safe for now.

We spent the rest of the day lounging around the sitting room. When my mom came home I left right after I said hello as I tended to look really guilty when I was hiding something. Marie left around seven as she had a date with Randy. I think I've finally come to terms with the idea of them going out. 

I decided to check my Facebook account since I had nothing else to do, NOT because I wanted to stalk Caleb and Thomas. In less than a minute I was looking at all Caleb's pictures. Some had Thomas in them smiling with the same smile he had directed at me earlier. My heart fluttered at the thought of it, I mean I had never had Thomas even look at me let alone smile (and I know I said that before.)