18.What happned to... The Semi-finals

A/N

Boxing terms:

Bout- organized fight.

Cross- a straight power punch thrown directly at target

Jab- quick punch with leading hand, straight from chin to target.

Uppercut- Upward punch aimed at jaw or stomach.

Hook- short sideways inside punch delivered with elbow bent.

Sucker punch- unexpected punch, catches boxer by surprise.

Days past and soon it was the day of the semi-finals of The boxing championship

Days past and soon it was the day of the semi-finals of The boxing championship. Marie had been doing really well she even said it was easy for her. She had wanted to compete in men boxing competition but the head of youth boxing of this region would not permit it.

She only had one more competition before the finals, to be honest Marie was kinda nervous like a while ago when she seemed angry, the reason for her nervousness was: Florence Aweless. Her name fit her well as she couldn't be awed and she was fearless.Taking the F from her first name and adding it to her last name you got her stage name was Flawless, and damn was she flawless.If you saw how the girls she fought after a fight you'd think she was a huge man-woman-looking-wart-faced ogre but she wasn't.

She had long brown hair that reached her hips that she always had up in a tight bun while fighting, she had the nicest eyes, they were a bluish-greenish color and she was tall and very fit. Last year in the finals she had beaten Marie and the year before.....and the year before.

Marie had hated her guts ever since she met her three years ago. Florence had come from Europe and had apparently been boxing since she was like ten and had her first bout in professional boxing at sixteen. She was also nice, yep she isn't bitchy and stuck up like you'd think. Which made Marie hate her even more though and it made it really hard for me to. Last year after the final she had come up to Marie and I to compliment Marie on her boxing skill. She introduced herself and told us she hadn't approached before because she was scared of Marie....which was weird cause she beat her in the match. Apparently everyone else hated her. Oh I wonder why? It couldn't be because you knocked them all out, could it? She said we seemed like the most approachable people there.

She told us we could call her 'Flo' because all her friends do and me being the nice person I am smiled at her and introduced myself while Marie stood seething beside me.

I now watched as Marie practiced boxing in the room assigned for her. Randy was her trainer and had also competed in the male's boxing competition. Marie stared at the punching bag like it was her worst enemy as she continuously true punches at it. I was confident she was going to win this match but the one against Florence, I'm not sure. Every year Marie got stronger but every year Florence got even stronger.I checked the time to see it was ten minutes 'til her match with Petra Parker.

"Hey Marie, you've got ten more minutes!"I called. She nodded eyes still on the punching bag. Randy told her to stop after five minutes and passed her some water she gladly accepted. He then placed his hands on her shoulders and told her what a guessed were some words of encouragement before giving her quick kiss. I gave her a tight hug and as I did this I felt her relax a bit more.

She headed out and I went to my seat beside Thomas and Caleb. First Ella was called out and all her supporters went crazy shouting "Spiderwoman! Spiderwoman!" continuously and yes that was her stage name seeing as her name was similar to Peter Parker the one and only Spiderman. She ran out raising her arms, asking for more cheers she came into the ring . Marie was then called and immediately started cheering."Black dove! Black dove!" I shouted as she came running out with her arms raised just like Petra. Her name suited her well as doves represent devotion and sacrifice and that could not describe Marie more.

The announcer started to speak as Marie and Petra resided to opposite sides of the ring. "Hello everybody, this will surely be a night filled with action as our semi-main event of the evening. Brought to you by Youth Boxing America in association with Everlast and Sporting Bet. Introducing our judges Carl Jonson, Mark Blake and Jude Harper and referee, Justin Little."He said into the microphone before turning to Petra.

"Here we have 3 year second-runner up on the rad side, Spiderrrrrrrr woman!"He called and cheers resounded around the hall. He then turned to Marie."And."He paused."3 year first-runner up and winner of The Youth Boxing Competition four years ago, on the blue side, Blaaaaack dove!"He exclaimed, encouraging another round of cheers. He stepped out of the ring as the referee stepped forward.The game commenced after the two boxers touched gloves.

The game started and Petra immediately started throwing punches which Marie blocked. In the split second Petra stopped throwing punches Marie quickly threw a cross but left herself open so Petra could hit her with a counterpunch. Marie then gave her a right jab,followed by a left cross and then an upper-cut to the stomach. This combination was finished with a left hook to the jaw. Petra stumbled back a bit. She then caught herself and Marie was hit by a sucker-punch when she wasn't looking.

The round ended and they both broke apart. Randy gave Marie some water while cleaning of some sweat on her forehead using a towel. He gave the usual words of encouragement and some technics she should use, she listened intently and nodded before I knew it the second round had begun.

They bought stood were they had before and Marie hit Petra with an upper-cut to the jaw.

**

Marie had won the match with an unanimous decision from the judges. It was no surprise, we were all expecting her to win anyway. After the match we had decided not to watch Florence's match as we knew what would be the result and Marie said it increased her nerves for tomorrow anyway.

We had headed over to a near by pizza place to celebrate Marie's expected win.I laughed as Randy made his usual cheesy jokes and goofed around. The boys sat across from I and Marie and as I looked to my side, I saw that Marie wasn't laughing along. She seemed to be in deep thought, probably about the game tomorrow. I linked arms with her and she looked at me giving me a smile. I smiled back encouragingly.

"Marie, you know worry doesn't empty tomorrow of it's troubles, it only empties today of it's strength."I told her laughing to myself as what I said could also be taken quite literally in this case. "You did great today, I'm sure you'll do amazing tomorrow and if not,"I paused."Well, you just gotta keep on trying" I said in a corny cowboy accent.She laughed and took hold of my hand squeezing it gratefully. "Thanks Al, you always know just what to say."she told me. I smiled.

"Well that exactly why I'm your best friend."I said.

*******************************************

Hope you liked this chapter guys. Please check out my new book 'He made her smile again' too. I had fun with this chapter and all the boxing terms, hope you all did too. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment.