20.What happened to...Marcel Hardley

Finally it was the day

Finally it was the day. The day we went back to school. Caleb had offered to drive me to school and I had gladly accepted and we were now headed into the building I had grown to love.

A few heads turned to glance at us but the whole student body didn't stop what they were doing and stare at the partially anti-social geek and the hot new kid like often happened in books and movies. Caleb followed me to the office and stood in front of the secretary.

One weird about the school was the secretary, instead of the stereotypical smart looking female secretary, we had a young hot looking male secretary and girls came in here any chance they get just to talk to him.

"H-hi Mr.Johnson."I said trying to grab his attention as he tap tap tapped on his computer. He looked up and smiled. "Ah Ms.Knight how are you this morning?"he asked well familiar with me, not because I came here any chance I got or because I frequently got detention, it was only because I always got hurt in my physical education classes. I would always have to come to the office and wait for one of my parents to pick me up."You haven't got hurt already? Have you?"he joked

"I'm fine,"I laughed."I'm here with a new student actually."I said gesturing to Caleb. The secretary's eyes settled on Caleb and to my surprise he grinned, stood up and came out the door. "Caleb! How've you been?"he asked as they both did a man-hug. "Good, I was wondering when you'd notice I was standing right in front of you."he said laughing.

I stood utterly confused as they both continued to talk like they were old friends.I cleared my throat loudly after a while, even though I was having so much 'fun' standing to the side awkwardly as the two talked away, I didn't want to be late on the first day of school. They both stopped and turned to me. "Oh yeah! Can I get my timetable?"he asked.

"Yeah sure."he said before resuming to his computer. As he tapped away, Caleb started to explain what just happened. "Cole-or Mr.Johnson as you may know him as, is Thomas' older cousin, and because I and Thomas have known each other since birth, I've met all his cousins including Cole here."he explained. I nodded as I stared at Mr.Johnson, he did kind of look like Thomas, same dark hair, eyes and same tanned skin, not to mention the fact that in the many times I've been to the office I had occasionally seen Thomas talking to Mr.Johnson.

"Here's your you go."Mr.Johnson said handing Caleb his timetable."Thanks."Caleb smiled."Okay I leave you to it, I'm sure Ally is well capable of showing you around."he said winking at me. They said they're goodbyes. Caleb laughed at my red face as we walked down the hall. It wasn't everyday a hot teacher winked at you!

I snatched his timetable and compared it with mine (which I had memorized) to see that he had AP Calculus and AP Biology with my me, we were also in the same homeroom. "Let me guess all AP and honors?"he guessed like it was the most predictable thing. "Yep."I said.

We were in room 323 and as we walked I spotted Marie and Randy at one of their lockers. I grabbed Caleb's arm and dragged him over to them as he aimlessly strolled beside me. I called out to them and their attention turned to us.