30.What happened to...Thomas?

I let out a shaky breath

I let out a shaky breath. "O-okay, the person I choose is Caleb."

Then it was silent, only the sound of cars driving by and birds cooing was heard.

Thomas turned abruptly not sparing any of us a glance. He walked to his car with angry steps opened the door and slammed it shut behind. He then zoomed off down the street. Marie pushed past me glaring at me and headed to Randy's car.

That bitch had the nerve to still be angry at me?

Randy cleared his throat behind me and I let him by. "Eh well I-I just want to say I'm happy for you Ally, you deserve this."he told me. I gave him a sad smile and he gave me a quick hug before he followed Marie to his car.

Caleb looked after them with a hurt expression. "Are you okay?"I asked queitly.

He turned to me and nodded. "Yeah, I, well I just thought that Marie was my friend, it's obvious she wanted you to choose Thomas."he mumbled.

"Hey, how about you come in?"I asked as little droplets of rain began to fall. He nodded and walked in silently. I sighed sitting down on the couch and he plopped down beside me. It's funny I thought I'd be happy once I chose of the boys but all I feel is emptiness. Like just by choosing one of them I was loosing everything else.

I glanced at Caleb to see he wasn't that happy either. He picked up the remote control and played the movie we had been watching. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he placed his arm around me.

Even though I was trying to shake it off, I couldn't stop thinking that maybe just maybe, I had made the wrong decision.

****

The next day Caleb came over and we spent the whole day watching movies. The weather hadn't gotten worse, rain dropped heavily from the sky and we were left with what sounded like a stampede as we sat quietly on the couch.

It was also quite dark and gloomy outside and you couldn't see many people out and about. My mood often coincides with weather, if it was sunny I'd be happy and lively and if it was a day like this I would be sad and totally out of it.

One day I walked home from school and it was lashing but both my parents were at work and couldn't pick me up while Rodney was at his friends place. I ended sobbing all the way home for no reason other than the fact that it was raining.

The events of the night before didn't help lighten my mood at all. Not to mention Rodney wasn't talking to me because I hadn't chose Tom and I still hadn't heard from Marie or Randy. Although I think that was for the best. I couldn't help but think about how to Tom was though. I hoped that maybe one day we could get passed this and become friends again.

I sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time and stared at the screen of the television.

"You okay?"Caleb asked queitly running his thumb over my arm with his hand that was around me. I nodded offering him a weak smile. Caleb and I had hardly talked since yesterday apart from when I texted him to come over and you couldn't really consider that talking.

I couldn't help wonder if it would be like this if I had chose Thomas. What if I made the wrong choice? I didn't even know why I picked Caleb, it just seemed right at the time. I had closed my eye and Caleb's name tumbled out of my mouth.Maybe Thomas was right, maybe my decision was swayed by the fact that Caleb kissed. Maybe if hadn't kissed Caleb I would have chosen differently.

My parents still hadn't gotten of bed and it was already two in the afternoon, the whole mood and weather coinciding thing ran in the family and since it was a Saturday my parents were sleeping through it. I couldn't sleep with the thoughts of last night so I had texted Caleb.

I hadn't eaten anything today and didn't think I'd be able to stomach anything. I had his weird feeling at the pit of my stomach that I had done something and that I was going to regret. I felt like something bad was going to happen soon and I couldn't shake the feeling off.

I thought choosing one of the guys would clear my head but it's just made it worse. Way worse. I jumped slightly when a book on top of our bookshelf fell. It couldn't fit into the actual shelf so we always left it on top. Although it always fell down from there we always put back up there not bothering to find a new place for it. As I thought about this I started to feel queasy. I didn't get why my thoughts were on this book but I knew it something to do with what I was feeling.

I abruptly stood up picking up the book reading the cover. Before I Fall. The last word standing out for some reason.

I throw the book to the back of a cabinet. Hopefully what I was feeling would go away if this book went away. It didn't though, the feeling was still there and intensified. I slowly walked to the kitchen reaching for a glass, I filled it up with shaking hands. I downed the glass of cold water,all in one go.

I didn't get what was up with me. I must be really losing it if I think a book falling from a shelf is some kind of sign that something was about to happen or maybe has already happened.

I was considering telling Caleb to go home so I could maybe sleep this off but I was stopped when I heard my phone ring. I quickly walked into the living room, my eyes landing on my phone on the table. As I got closer my steps grew slower. Whatever the person calling was going to say wasn't going to be good, I could feel it in my gut.

I stopped in front of the table. My phone vibrating as Randy's name flashed repeatedly.

"Ally, what are you waiting for? Pick it up."Caleb told me eyebrows scrunched adorably. I let out a breath and picked up the phone.

"Randy?"I asked my voice shaking slightly.

I heard him breathing heavily on the other end of the phone. "Ally, i-it's Thomas! You need to come to the hospital now."he whispered.

********************************************************************

Hey guys.

I know this was a very short chapter but I have to leave it there because, I'm actually crying right now and it's so emotional. I hope Thomas is okay. I added a bit of foreshadowing there so maybe some people will be able to catch on.

Who thinks Ally made a wrong decision picking Caleb?

Who prefers Caleb?

Thanks for reading. Please share, vote and comment. Bye :)