19.What happened to...Spicy Tacos

She did it

She did it. She actually did Marie had won the championships and I couldn't be prouder of her. You might ask how did she do it. How did she win the championships after all these years? I'll tell you how.

Thomas Rogers.

It all started when I suggested that Thomas could try help her train since nothing Randy did seemed to work, no offense to him.

"No."Randy simply stated before telling Marie to continue punching the bunching bag. Marie didn't listen him though, she turned Thomas. "Would you?"She asked Thomas.

"Yeah sure."he agreed . Randy wasn't to happy about it though. " Really? Marie this the finals and your just gonna let anybody help you?"he asked crossing his arms. I smell jealousy. "Hey! Thomas is our friend, he isn't just anybody. He knows a lot about boxing and maybe he can help Marie win with some of his technics."I defended. 

"So you're just going to ditch me?" he asked Marie ignoring me. She sighed and placed around Randy's neck whispering things that would hopefully help him calm down and let Thomas help. He nodded after a while and plopped down on the couch I was sitting on. 

Thomas began showing her things he did before a match and Marie listened, imitating him at appropriate times. After a while Thomas sighed. He stopped talking before placing his hands on her shoulder. "Why are you doing this?"he asked her.

"What?"she asked caught off guard. "Why are you doing this?"He asked again. She stared at her boxing gloves in thought turning her palm up words slowly. "I-I guess it's because I love boxing."she said looking up at him. "How is this even gonna-"Randy started. I elbowed him in the gut. He scowled at me rubbing his stomach.

Thomas ignored Randy and continued what he was saying. "Good. And who are you doing it for?"He asked. "Well I guess mostly for my Dad-"she began.Thomas stopped her. "No who are you doing this for?"he asked louder. Marie's Dad was one of the top boxers in the country and since he didn't have a male child-which at first he wasn't happy about-he encouraged (forced) Marie to start boxing. "For myself"she answered. "For who?"Thomas asked even louder. "I'm doing this for myself,"she said to herself nodding before looking up. "I box for myself."

Thomas smiled triumphantly. "This is a challenge Marie, Florence is a challenge that's been ongoing for a few years, but as my Dad always tells me, if it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you. You've beaten everyone else many times and nothing has change you use the same moves, skills, technics but Florence is your challenge and tonight your going to change the way you think about this competition and your going to win". he told.

Marie smiled at Thomas. "Thank you, I think I can actually win this now."she said with determination. "No Marie you will win this."he said before giving her a pat on the shoulder and telling Randy to continue helping Marie warm up. 

I gave Thomas a smile. "Thanks for doing that, it seems to have helped."I told him. "No problem, everyone needs a bit of encouragement from time to time."he told me. I nodded in agreement as we watch Randy continue helping Marie warm up.

So after forty- six minutes of watching Marie fight with her new found determination and intentions, I cheered as she left Florence knocked out cold. The announcer lifted her hand up announcing he win and the crowd went wild. I was so happy for Marie. She had finally done it. I was happy I wasn't thinking and I threw myself at Thomas in a hug for helping her win. The force made him stumble before he hugged me back. When I finally came back to my senses I let go of him.

I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry about that, I was just happy."I explained fidgeting with my fingers. He chuckled. "Ally you don't need to apologize for hugging me, were friends."he told me. I smiled at him before turning back to the ring watching Marie proudly. Someone cleared their throat beside me. I turned to see Caleb with his arms open and a raised eyebrow. I laughed before I hugged him too.

***

We decided to go to Taco Bell to celebrate. Marie's Dad came along this time and decided to pay for all of us but Caleb being an absolute gentleman insisted to do it. I could tell Dad was very proud of Marie by the way he constantly glanced at her with a huge grin and which she would return with a happy smile of her own if she happened to catch his gaze. 

Florence had come to congratulate Marie too."I'm happy I finally met someone that could beat me, you were great."she had said to Marie smiling politely. Marie had smiled at her and due to her happiness had pulled her in for an unexpected hug. 

I felt my phone ring just as I bit into my Fiery Doritos Locos taco. I placed down the spicy taco and answered my phone.

"Did she do it? Did she win?" my brother asked eager for information. I laughed. "Why don't you ask her yourself? I'll pass her the phone."I told him before passing the phone to Marie. Marie grabbed it. "Hello?"she asked. I heard mumbling before she smiled and put it on speaker.

"Hey Rodney! What's up?"she asked. "Well, I just wanted to know if you won."he explained. Her smile widened (if that was possible) and she answered cheerily which was unusual for her. "Yes I did!"she told him. "Shut up!"he exclaimed causing everyone at the table to laugh. "I know right!"she said. "That's awesome, I'm proud of you!" he said. Marie laughed. "Thanks Rodney."she said and he gave the phone to my dad who owned the phone. 

"Well done Marie! Though I'm not surprised, I've experienced your wrath before."he said and everyone laughed. My dad's stupidity had caused Marie to inflict pain on him multiple times before. "Sorry about that Mr.K". Marie said sheepishly still chuckling. "No problem, I probably deserved it, I've gotta go now so I'll talk to you guys later."he said and we'll all called by before we hung up. 

I looked around at all my friends happily and smiled as Thomas caught my gaze and tried to smile with his mouth full of food and then Caleb who was trying and succeeding to make Marie's Dad smile which by the way was a miracle. And as cliche as it sounds I was happy I met these boys. Without Thomas Marie mightn't have won today and without Caleb I would have to pay for the food I was currently eating.

*****************************

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment.