21.What happened to...Childish Fights

It was two days later when Tom finally came for school

It was two days later when Tom finally came for school. I had just finished at my locker and saw him walking towards me.

"Hey Tom, feeling better? "I asked giving him a quick hug. "Yep, though I could do with a few more days at home, but my dad didn't agree." he sighed as we began to walk down the hall. "More days off school? Thomas you missed the first two days of school and you want to miss more?" I asked incredulously. He rolled his eyes at me as we reached his locker.

"Wow Ally you really are a nerd." he chuckled. I crossed my arms. "Yes I am. I'm a nerd and proud." I sated firmly. I heard someone snort behind me. "Well that's sad." someone's annoying high-pitched voice stated.

I turned to see Michelle glaring at me. "What do you want?" I asked exasperated. She stared at me like I was crazy and then scoffed. "You think I'm here for you? I'm here to talk to Tommy, stupid, so if you could excuse us?" she said smirking. Before I could reply Thomas spoke up.

"Come on Ally I don't want to be late for class." he told me totally disregarding Michelle. I smiled at him and nodded. "Sure." I said pushing past Michelle.

***

"So it's a party?" asked Caleb.

"Kinda, basically my family, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends get together and we have a barbecue. "Randy explained.

"You have to bring a date though, unless you want my family to embarrass you." He grimaced.

"Yeah Ally could testify to that." Marie snorted nudging me as I leaned against my locker. I glared at her. "I don't care how much your family embarrass me I will succumb to peer pressure." I said sternly. Marie rolled her eyes. "Oh don't pretend it's because you don't want "succumb to peer pressure" it's because you can't find a date."

"Sometimes I wonder how and why you two a friends." Randy says shaking his head. "Who should I bring? I only moved here I don't know anyone really." Caleb says. "Bring Ally then." Marie pipes up. My eyes widen at her. "What? No. I'm fine." I said dismissing it.

"No that's actually a good idea. Will you come with me Ally?" Caleb asks giving puppy-dog eyes. I made sure to give Marie the dirtiest glare I could manage before turning to Caleb.

"I gue-"

"Actually I was going to ask Ally, I hardly talk to any other girls here." Thomas says interrupting me.

"Well that's too bad man, I asked first." Caleb says jokingly.

"So? She didn't agree to go with you." Thomas counters in a none joking way.

"Yeah that's because you didn't let her finish answering the question." Caleb retorts his smile dropping.

"Yeah well we all know what the answer would have been anyway."