2.What Happened To...Gym

I jumped slightly startled but slowed down and turned a bit

I jumped slightly startled but slowed down and turned a bit. He walked hastily until we were in step with each other. I waited for him to say something.

"Um, I just moved here last Wednesday and I was wondering if you could.. um.. maybe show me around?" He asked.

I stared at him surprised for a minute.

"But, but only if you're not busy, I don't want to spoil your plans or-"

"No, no it's fine, I can show you around I'm not busy." I said surprised I could even speak."But the gym is the first stop".

He looked at me up and down causing me to blush and make me feel slightly self-conscious. "You... go to the gym?" He asked skeptically. Oh I see so he is a stereo-typist.

I get really angry when people are all judging and stuff. Especially with Marie, people are always judging her. "And?" I say glaring at him. He looks taken aback by my aggressiveness and then tries to speak but I cut him off. "I hate stereo-typist, just because you're a girl doesn't mean you can't work out or do sports!'' I snapped.

He looked at me with an apologetic smile."Sorry, you're right, it's just you didn't seem like a girl who works out." He said.

"It's fine, I actually don't workout, just told my friend that I would meet her there."I said and he nodded. We walked in a comfortable silence for a while. I hadn't ever been in a comfortable silence with a guy before, it felt...cool.

We reached the gym and headed for the reception. ''Al! My favorite girl!" Called a low voice from behind the counter. I looked up to see none other than Randy. He jumps over the counter and pulls me into a bear hug. Okay when I say I'm not comfortable talking to guys Randy is not included, he's like a brother to me. There was definitely something he wanted since he called me his favorite girl.

I patted his arm. "Okay, okay Randy. What do you want?" I said pulling away and eyeing him suspiciously. He gives me an innocent smile but drops it when he sees I'm not buying it. He huffs. "Fine, it's Marie...she seems...angry.'' He told me. I grimaced, I knew she wasn't really angry. She was nervous for her kick-boxing state championships coming up soon. I sigh, she needs a serious break from the gym. She'd been practicing non-stop for a month.

"Okay thanks, Randy I'll go talk to her." I turn to Caleb who was looking between me and Randy weirdly. I was confused as to why but didn't question it.

"Hey Caleb, this is Randy...You said you don't know many people around here so maybe you could add Randy too the people you do know?" I asked awkwardly, being really bad at introducing people. He nodded and reached his hand out to Randy. Randy looked at his hand and then at me. I give him a reassuring smile and he clasped Caleb's hand and shook it.

"Hey Caleb, nice to meet you.'' He says. Caleb smiled back and then we head for the main part of the gym.

We walked through the gym to see people working out but of course there was also the girls who only came to the gym to take pictures of them pretending to work out and having a chat about their boyfriends. As we turned a corner I realized Caleb wasn't following me anymore.

I turned around only to see a girl in a skimpy outfit giggling at him. I suddenly felt irritated.

Maybe I should just leave him with her, she could show him around. I turned and started walking away in a huff.

"Hey where did you go?" Caleb asked falling in step with me. I look at him confused...why was he following me when that girl was practically throwing herself at him?

"Uh I thought you would rather that girl show you around." I admit. He looks at me incredulously. ''Why would you think that? I think I'd rather you show me around than some slut, thank you very much." He mumbled the last part making me laugh.

We reached another door. I open it and stuck my head inside, it was empty apart from a figure in the ring with boxing gear on and their back turned to us punching a punching bag continuously. I immediately knew who it was. I turned to Caleb. ''Caleb could you stand by the door? I just need to talk to my friend." I told him without waiting for a response. I ran up to the ring and jumped in. Marie hadn't even noticed us come in.

''Hey Marie, what's up?'' I ask. She looked up at me and took of her hood. I hugged her. ''I'm good, I guess just....'' She said. I knew she wouldn't admit it. ''Nervous?'' I ask. She sighs and nods her head. I put my hands her shoulders and made her face me. ''Marie don't be so stupid, you are going to win this, you're strong and independent ...oh and don't forget your super ninja reflexes!" I joked lamely.

She laughed at my corny antics and soon enough I joined in. When we were sobered up she flashed me a grateful smile. ''Thanks Al... you always know how to cheer me up.'' She said. We hugged again and headed for the door. Caleb was on his phone when we got there and I suddenly got an idea. I come to a halt and pulled Marie with me.

''Marie you see that guy over there...he's slightly stereo-type, maybe you could show him just how strong girls can be?'' I asked with a mischievous smile. She smirked back at me and we continue to walk.

"Hey Caleb, this is Marie my best friend".

He looked up and his eyes widen when he saw Marie. I wouldn't blame him she did kind of have that dark scary aura. She smiled at him and he gave her a nervous smile back. "Hi, nice to meet you!'' She chirped punching him in the arm extremely hard.

A girly shriek pierces the air and is followed by some colourful words. I double over laughing. I couldn't believe he just shrieked. SHRIEKED! I wipe a tear from my eye and look up to see Marie with a triumphant smile and Caleb with a scowled.

This could be fun...

********************************************************************************************

KEEP READING

Vote + Comment= VOMMENT