31.What happened to...Hospitals?

Randy had texted me the address of the hospital and Caleb and I were on our way there

Randy had texted me the address of the hospital and Caleb and I were on our way there. I was currently hyperventilating in my seat. Not only was I extremely worried about Thomas but Caleb was speeding.

"Caleb?"I called through quick breaths. It seemed he was to caught up in his own thoughts to hear what I was saying.

"Caleb?"I called a bit louder. He turned to me quickly before his eyes were back on the road.

"Huh?"he asked snapping out of his thoughts.

"Can-can you please slow down?"I asked. He nodded before slowing down the car slightly.

What could have happened to Thomas? With the way Randy sounded it had to be something serious but what? I hope he's still alive. If I stepped in that hospital and found out he wasn't alive I would hate myself.

Caleb skillfully parked the car in one motion and we got out heading to the front desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?"the receptionist asked politely.

"Uh um we c-came to em..."I tried to form a sentence in my head but I couldn't my mind was swirling with the possibilities of what could have happened to him. Now that we were here, in the hospital it all felt so real.

"We're here for Thomas Rodgers?"Caleb helped me asked receptionist. She nodded quickly typing the name out on the the computer. She looked up with a sad smile.

"Okay It's in ward C, room 26, so go left that way, turn left again and walk straight up to the end of the hall, it's the room on the right."she explained. We nodded following her instructions. We stopped short when we stumbled upon the waiting room where Randy held Marie in his arms as she cried into his shoulder. Jake-Tom's Dad-was being comforted by Caleb's mom. I noticed a woman who had the same colored hair and pale skin tone as Tom with a man. She was staring blankly ahead and the man beside her rubbed her back looking at her worriedly. Elliot, Thomas' step brother was sitting in a chair by himself looking really worried as his knee bumped against the armrest.

My breath started to quicken. What could have happened to him? Was he okay?

Randy being the first to notice us, whispered something to Marie, who looked in our direction before nodding. He got up and walked toward us with a sullen expression.

"W-what happened? What's wrong with him?"I asked panicked.

"After he left your place yesterday. He went to that abandoned gym to let off some steam and just when he was leaving,"Randy stopped to take a breath. "a massive chunk of the ceiling fell on him."he told me sadly.

"What?"I whispered. It was all my fault. How could I have been so stupid? I should have picked him. I shouldn't have chose yesterday, I should have waited. I should have at least advised him not to train there. I should have done something. I bit my lip.