Chapter 20

"It's time to meet the brothers." Dante says ominously before we enter the mall.

"They're at the mall?" I ask.

"Who else would I call? They're meeting us at the mall outside Forever 21."

"What? You called them? I thought you called some other person?" I assumed he called my father or some other asshole. "And you are forever 21? Wait, you're twenty."

"I turn twenty-one in a month and I called multiple people, but that's not the point. You've never heard of Forever 21?"

"Well, what is it?" I begin to become impatient.

"It's a clothing store for girls like you and young guys. It's not my type of clothing, so I don't shop there, but there a lot of girls who shop here. It's pretty cheap."

I smile at his last words. Some things never change. Dante still loves bargains and sales--any way to save money. He is always looking for an opportunity to make and save more money despite his probably hefty amount of cash gathering dust in his bank account.

"Dad wasn't kidding, was he? You really did live under a rock. How was your roomate Patrick?" He jokes.

"Ha-ha." I laugh sarcastically. "You're hilarious."

"Thank you for your compliment. I get that a lot." He bows. Then, he asks curiously,"Wait, you do know who Patrick is right? Patrick the Star-ouch!" He rubs his shoulder after I punch him. I barely tapped him. I glare enviously and admirably at his muscles, wishing that I could be back in top shape as soon as possible.

"Let's just go in." I roll my eyes.

"Gladly. It's getting cold."

It isn't long before I spot my other two brothers quickly. Now that I think about it, none of my brothers could ever blend into the background. They're too noticeable because of their big builds that I question how the heck they are able to go undercover for anything. Then again, they probably don't need to if all they need to do is start a fight as soon as they enter a place.

Leo and Tony lean against a wall nonchalantly as they converse. Leo and Tony look pretty much the same as before, older of course. It's like some magical spell where I come back and poof they're men! I know better but whatever.

Leo looks like the spitting image of a younger version of my father. I think amusingly that it is almost fitting that the one who will inherit the family business would look the most alike him. Leo is a lot leaner than Tony and Dante, but I'm sure he probably still whoops their butts like the good old days. The oldest always wins as usual.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise at the stubble growing on Tony's jaw. He looks older than Leo, and I would never admit it but he looks like one of those magazine models with the slight beard. If he grew a full-out beard, I would so call him a cave man. Couldn't any of my brothers look less goodlooking? The three of them make me feel as if I just got out of bed in my ripped jeans and oversized sweatshirt. And Tony is wearing some type of stylish sweatpant with a sweatshirt. Curse guys who make sweatpants look stylish.

I'm going off a tangent.

They spot us as we get closer, mainly due to Dante's annoying attempts to embarrass me in public. He's trying to give me a piggy back ride by lifting me up.

I don't want a piggyback ride.

I keep slapping him away. Dante can be quite immature. Scratch that, the three of them are all quite immature when the four of us are altogether.

I try my best to think about my mother, but maybe it's time to forgive. I do forgive my brothers. They have never done anything besides protect and love me. Plus, we have plenty of time to catch up and offer explanations.