Chapter 38

ParisLove-

thanks for the cover! I love it! :) If anyone has any covers made, I would love to see it and even put it up in a chapter haha :) 

~~Six months later~~

"Ayeeeee you lovebirds, you wanna include me into your conversation?" I frown as they obviously appear to be talking about me. Pearl and Sky whisper amongst each other away from my ears for a few seconds as they shoot glances towards me. I recognize the looks, the looks that I've commonly seen for the past six months ever since Dr. Yuen diagnosed me with PTSD. I've grown for the better since then. Of course, the line of healing is not a straight line so i experienced some setbacks. 

Still, as Dr. Yuen put it, I'm his most interesting patient as I have improved spectacularly despite what I have faced. It's his words, not mine. He's even written a research paper based off of me. At first, my family was against it, but I thought it was intriguing and convinced them to let it happen. As a side-note, my family was surprisingly helpful and patient with me the entire time. They have certainly earned my trust back. My father and I still have a rocky relationships, but we are better than before. 

I want to say that I'm 100% healed. I certainly feel fine.

Regardless of my improvement, I..I haven't held a weapon since I killed Acerbi. I think I can handle it, but I'm just nervous.

My PTSD was triggered through the  accumulation of a lot of traumatic events. I believe the first traumatic events may have began with the death of the twins. That was the time i distinctly don't remember what occurred after they were murdered before me. There is a blank memory there that only Jacob knows. I wonder if that memory will remain blank for the rest of my life. 

Speaking about Jacob, the dude has perfected the disappearing act. After he recovered, I saw him once or twice. We never had more than a certain amount of time to converse or hangout. Then, he disappeared. 

Once again, Jacob leaves me without a word. That motherfucking bastard. Excuse my language. He could have at least sent me a postcard.

Eh, I may be exaggerating. He's not all bad. Sometimes he comes back and visits as he acts all normal around me. He's the same as usual, but he avoids my questions upon his whereabouts like a plague. How will our relationship move on if we cannot trust each other? Well, it's not like we could have a solid relationship in the first place with my PTSD. I'm thankful that he at least visited sometimes. Regardless, I haven't seen him for well over a month now. 

Let's not focus on that dude. He makes me think of violence, which is not good for my mind.

"C'mon, any day now." I huff in annoyance as Sky and Pearl do that silent conversation they do. I'm 100% sure they are not telepathic, so I don't understand how they communicate like that. I guess it's cute. They do it a lot. By now, I should be used to them officially dating but it's still rather strange. If only I could do that with Jacob...there I go again, thinking about him...

"We weren't talking about you, Shay," Pearl takes a seat to my left. I scoff at her obvious lies. 

"Yeah, whatever you say. Are you two going to help or what?" I point to the shit ton of papers, pamphlets, and packets piled all over the table. In fact, I can't even see my table anymore because of the amount of papers here--my table is pretty huge too.

"Of course we will." Sky pulls a chair across from me. 

"I don't even know how you two convinced me to do this." I frown and stare angrily into the papers.