Chapter 6

"This is why students shouldn't wander the forests unsupervised at night." Jacob points out for the tenth time.

"It's your fault." I shoot back for the tenth time.

"Well, you said it was safe!"

"I said it MIGHT be safe," I argue. "I'm not omniscient."

"How was I supposed to know there would be a hole here? That's suspicious on so many levels!"

"It must have been party of some old well thing they did way back when," I shrug. "They must have forgotten about it and the weeds around this area covered it."

"That's helpful." He says sarcastically.

I ignore him. He fell into a huge hole, which I soon discovered it to be a well. We've only been stranded for perhaps half an hour anyways. The well is perhaps 20 feet deep. Yep, I fell with him because I was right behind him. It's luckily not damp in here, but it smells moldy. I spy some creepy crawlers. It's very uncomfortable.

"Um thanks by the way," I say. We both lean against the opposite side of the well and sit. The well is probably six feet in diameter.

"For what?" He seems to be teasing me.

"For being a landing cushion." I smirk. I actually hit the stones on the walls before I landed on him. Still, his body probably saved me from further injury. I know that the backside of shirt is in tatters. My back is stinging and numbing, but I'm slightly scared to see how bad the damage is. I don't want to call attention to my back.

"You're really heavy. I think you broke something." He pouts.

"Your pride?" I laugh.

"No, i actually think I did break something." He moves around and checks his pockets. Then, he briefly searches the ground around him.

"Oh bullocks," I see his phone in his hand. Well, what's left of his phone. The screen is severely cracked. I doubt it works. He tries to turn it on, but the screen stays black.

"Well, this sucks." He stares at his phone ruefully.

"Here let me see mine." I open my fanny pack and rummage for my phone. "Ah, it still works." I automatically start dialing the janitor's phone. Again, the janitor is bomb and the most friendliest guy I have met on this campus. We are best buds.

"I have no service." I glare at my crappy phone. "There's no dialing tone."

"So, are we stuck here and nobody know where we are?" He sighs and stares up at the blue sky above.

"Empty out your pockets, and I'll see what I have too." I order him, perhaps we can somehow use the items.

Jacob empties out his pockets. He places his wallet, keys, headphones, and phone. I do the same and take out my water bottle, wallet, keys, ipod, earphones, phone, pocketknife, fruit snacks, and granola bars.

"Well, we have some food." I say positively. "And the pocketknife may come in handy."

"You think you can climb up?" He stares above once more.

"You would need to be super strong." I start measuring the diameter of the well and looking at the stones. There is a higher chance of success if we rock climb. Some of the stones are protruding out, but it's obviouslt still dangerous because we don't know how stable those rocks are. And some barely leave room for a hand to grasp it. "I think it's roughly around six feet in diameter. We both aren't six feet."

"On the tips of my toes, I am easily six feet." He contemplates.

"I think we could actually climb it using the rocks of the wall, or we could go back to back and climb up." I add, but I don't know if my back could handle it.