Chapter 13

2 long days later.

"What will it be?" Alfredo sauce asks me. Once again, he's hidden within the shadows across the room. I'm beginning to think that he has some disfiguration in his face or body so he doesn't want to show himself.

"I really don't know what this Skeleton Key is. I have heard that a skeleton key opens like everything but I don't know how this relates to me?" I sit upright on the bed. There's a bonus: I woke up yesterday to three feet long chains attached to my restraints. Now I can actually have some sort of mobility. The downside is that the chains are very heavy that I can barely move. It does make a great weight exercise, if only I could lift them. 

"I see," he comments. "It's a pity. I guess we have no use for you." Wow, his voice holds not the slightest bit of pity. He wins the trophy to the Most Indifferent Person I Have Ever Met. He whips out his gun and unlocks the safety. I gulp as I look at the barrel of the gun. I wish I could see the face of my killer before I die. I will also haunt his ass when I come back as a ghost. I consider for a brief moment trying to fight back, but where can I go in a closed room with barred windows?

Goodbye Mom, Pearl, Skyler, and Netflix. I will miss you dearly...

I squeeze my eyes shut and wait for the bullet to hit me. Any day now....

Surprisingly, I feel calm. I've always accepted that I'd die because of my family somehow. It was how our life was. Still, I didn't expect it to be at the age of seventeen. Oh wait, I think I'm eighteen now.

It's completely silent still? I open one of my eyes slowly. There's no one here. Alfredo sauce has disappeared.

So much for his death threats, I huff. It's not like I wanted to die. It's just a tad disappointing since I was prepared, but I'm thankful I get to live another day. 

I glance around and head back to tugging on my chains. They seem to weigh thirty pounds, which isn't supposed to be heavy for me but I have been hospitalized and bedridden. Plus, they barely give me anything to eat. 

With my feeble strength, the chains are not going to be broken any time soon. I sigh and rest my head on the pillow. I'm glad they at least gave me a bed with pillows and blankets. It makes me wonder why I'm alive since I have said I don't know where or what the skeleton key is. I mull over the options:  I guess I could be a bargaining chip with the Riccas, or I could be sold for a hefty price in sex trafficking. I honestly don't know which one I would prefer. 

It's better not to think so negatively. I'd rather plot Alfredro's death in my mind. Perhaps I shall plunk him in boiling Alfredo sauce. I just need to find a life-size pot that is big enough to boil him in. I guess that wouldn't work. 

I perk up as I hear the door unlock. "Who is it this time?"

It's someone I've never seen before. The man looks like he has taken steroids from day one judging by his bulgy biceps beneath his straining t-shirt. I worry for his black shirt, any second from now it seems it wil burst. I don't think he and i are at that stage of a relationship if you know what I mean. He glances at me silently underneath his tinted glasses and inserts a key into my chains.

As soon as he release me, I shout, "Freedom!" I try to escape; however, he easily grabs my body and lifts me onto his shoulder. His shoulder is as hard as a rock and pokes me in all the wrong places. I grimace in pain at every step he takes. That plan totally failed.

"So what's your name?" I  bombard him with questions. I want to meet my new best friend. "Where are we going? Are you my knight in shining armor here to save the damsel in distress? Why are you so grumpy? How old are you? Do you take steroids on a daily basis? Am I about to get tortured?"