Chapter 31

I just had the most amazing sleep ever. I almost smile at how refreshed I feel currently. I begin to stretch my arms and legs, making weird noises of contentment.

Huh. I pause as I hit something solid during my stretching. Opening my eyes, I glance to my right.

"Boo." Jacob smirks as he lies next to me on top of my bed cover.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I freak out due to the unexpectedness of his presence. Oh, and I tumble out of the bed unattractively. The damn sheets get tangled with my body so I end up dangling from the bed.

Great. I flush in embarrassment as I realize I only have a shirt and underwear on. He most likely sees what undies I have on. How embarrassing, I chose the wrong day to wear boring granny panties.

"Don't look." I try in a hurry to get out of my predicament, which succeeds but I fall straight on my head.

"Don't you dare comment." I huff as I stand up and glare at him.

"Wasn't going to say anything," he shrugs, still laying on the bed casually. The twinkle in his eyes suggests he has biting back laughter.

"What are you doing in my room?" I sigh in annoyance. It's more toward me since I figured I would have sensed his presence, but I guess I was very tired.

"Well, I wanted to see how the princess was doing. Also, you just looked so innocent I couldn't not scare you."He winks.

"I look terrible." I shake my hair and run through the tangles. "Now if you may, please leave me in peace as I get ready." I point to outside.

"I won't look. Your bed is quite comfortable." He rolls on his back and sighs comfortably.

"Yes, I know it is." I grumble. "Get out."

"Ah, so grumpy." He smiles.

I choose to ignore him and grab my clothes before heading into the bathroom.

It doesn't take too long, about ten minutes, to change and do my other necessary morning routines. I'm a night showerer so I just wash my face and do my hair. I do not wear makeup everyday, but today I gloss my lips and use eyeliner on my eyes to make them pop.

"Oh..." I trail off as I come out of my bathroom and notice Jacob on my bed. "You're still here."

"Kicking me out?" He looks at me.

"Yep."

"Ouch. Always so cold." He sits up and throws a pillow at me. I duck out of the way as it goes soaring through my opened bedroom door.

"Are you ready and all dressed?" He asks suddenly.

"Yes, why?"

"Great!" He beams as he jumps off my bed and scoops me into his arms. My first instinct is to get the hell out of the position, but he squeezes me tightly before throwing me over his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?" I kick my legs a bit before he stops me.

"Our date." He replies.

"Now?" I pause. "I'm not even dressed well enough to go out."

"You look fine to me." He compliments me, but what does he know?

"Well, I'm going to have to take back what I said yesterday. Right now is not a great time to go on a freaking date. We must go find Alfredo and end this all." I argue. "There's no time for romance or whatever we are calling this. We have to focus, or we will be dead."

"They can handle the situation without us." He rolls his eyes. "You worry and think way too much. Just live a little. And it's true, we might actually be killed today or even tomorrow, so why not take a break and enjoy the moment? You said so yourself: you've never been on a date! You don't want to die without experiencing life!"