Chapter 39

looney_goo thanks for the cover :) i really love it :D Anyone else have covers? I love how creative people get. THANKS AGAIN <3

___________________________

Jacob POV!  ((surprise, surprise!))

"Two against one? That's a little unfair, don't you think?" I raise an eyebrow at them. There was a time when I used to have the slightest bit of fear towards them, or the three Ricca brothers. First of all, look at them. Actually, that alone is reason enough. They're fucking monsters. 

Anyways, my years of training has taught me a few lessons. I easily got over my fear toward the three of them. I've experienced worse, facing death on a daily basis. Not a big deal.

"C'mon, do we have to do this right now?" I ask in amusement. "I mean, I'd hate to have to show you guys up in front of Shay." I glance briefly at her, who does not seem as worried anymore. She sits on a bench and observes us. As we make eye contact, she rolls her eyes at her brothers' antics. 

I wink at her playfully.

She blushes slightly. Despite her seemingly hardened personality, she gets flustered and shy easily. I love it when she blushes, so I tend to tease her a lot. Her rosy cheeks and pouty smile is adorable. 

Damn. I got it bad for her. I can still see the mistrusting and suspicious glint in her eyes as she stares at me. I know I will have to make it up to her a shit ton before she manages to trust me ever again. I deserve it because I royally fucked up. Another lesson I have learned from all my years of training and in the field is to man up and take responsibility. 

As I said, I royally fucked up. I'm not going to lose Shay because of past mistakes. 

"You show us up?" Dante scoffs at my statement. Tony shares a small laugh with Dante. I've managed to survive against fights again multiple trained assassins. I'm not confident for nothing. 

"Let's see if you're more than just talk then." Tony cracks his knuckles in a threatening manner as he advances in my direction with Dante. 

"You took the words straight out of my mouth." I reply boldly with an added smirk. "Mano o mano, I presume." I'm in no mood for a dirty fight, but I will if the fight heads in that direction. 

All this banter is killing the mood. The two of them obviously think so too as Dante throws the first tackle. 

What is this, a wrestling match? Then again, I never quite grasped just how many martial art styles the Riccas have learned. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew more than me. 

I'm still surprised at the duo as they manage to communicate with little verbal communication. Tony manages to hold me into a locked position where he immediately disables my leg movement. Dante doesn't miss the opportunity to throw a right hook as I try to escape the leg hold. 

His knuckles scrapes my chin as I move to dodge it, clipping me enough to prevent me from dodging his jab. I see black dots in my vision for a few seconds as the jab disorientates me. I escape Tony's leg hold by using my hand to push his  head down until it reaches the end of my body. Then, I am able to work out of the hold and escape to get up and gain the advantage over him. Tony is looking down, so I get up quickly while his vision is looking somewhere else and he isn't at full attention.

I create a distance between the two of them. My heightened senses focus on Dante and Tony as I try to anticipate their next movements. I didn't really expect how serious they were going to get. 

We circle each other. I aim simple body kicks toward Dante, not really expecting them to hit. Tony tries to find openings, but I am prepared as I do a half-shin half-knee kick. I put enough defensive power to push him back.