Chapter 36

"Has it ever occurred to you that this could be a trap somehow? That Jacob could be a double agent or whatever you call it. He could be faking nice the entire time." Sky voices my doubts. Damn him.

"Yes, it has. In fact, I think about that almost every single second. Thank you very much." I add a bit of sarcasm. 

"I don't know. I wasn't sure since you could be under his bad boy charm." His lips pull into a smirk. 

"Bad boy?" I snort rather unladylike. The things that spew out of his mouth sometimes. 

"Well, isn't he the epitome of bad boy-ness, or whatever people call them these days? Don't girls like you like boys like him?" He glances up from his laptop and asks, not knowing the hole is starting to dig. I genuinely cannot tell if he is serious or not. 

"Girls like me, huh? Do continue please." I lean on the side door and cock my head interestedly.

"Don't girls-" He begins but shuts up as Dante starts coughing dramatically. Sky and I wait for him to finish coughing.

"As I was saying..." Sky begins again.

"Man, you don't want to start this now." Dante groans and shoots a glare at Sky. "Shut up man." 

Sky opens his mouth, but decides against it and turns away. He fiddles around with his laptop a bit. 

"Wow, are you actually sounding mature?" I gasp jokingly towards Dante. I mean it nicely.

"You shut up too." He grumbles and looks back at the road. Somebody is feeling a bit grumpy...

"Are we there yet?" I lean next to his seat and glance around. Nothing looks familiar. I see us drive past a sign with an airport on it. Dante takes the next exit. "Never mind."

"Anyways, onto my question.." Sky starts again.

"Shut up Sky." Dante and I say at the same time. He doesn't need to state the obvious. Of course I have thought multiple times that Jacob could be some double agent. I've thought back to the time when we were both capture. I couldn't even break free without his aid. I wonder how he broke free so easily. It seemed a bit suspicious. Then, there were multiple incidents that occurred that made me question his allegiance. Still, he always seemed to make it up by saving me, saving my family, or just helping in general. 

I really want to trust him, especially after all we have been through. I do trust him, but sometimes I have doubts that worm its way through my mind. It comes with this life. You never know who you can trust until the very last moment when you're either dying..or dead. I like to say I've placed my trust in a number of people who haven't killed me yet and may never want to kill me. 

"Alright, we are here. Follow me." Dante parks the car a good distance away from the private airstrip. I grab the binoculars in Dante's hands and point it in the direction of the planes. I manage to spot a plan with some security guards around. I assume that's the plane that Alfredo is on or getting off. 

"Wow. This doesn't look too much like a airport." I murmur as I spot a lot of huge rectangular shaped buildings scattered around. They have multiple metal containers surrounding the buildings. The place seems to be stuck between an airport and a junkyard. Then again, it's still separated orderly enough so the airplanes have plenty of space to fly and land. 

"How are we going to get close?" I frown upon realizing that once we reach the airplanes, there is virtually no cover for anyone. 

"Do you see Jacob?" Sky whispers into my ear suddenly. I jump a bit in surprise and almost drop the binoculars.