Chapter 40: EPILOGUE <3

A/N Last chapter: I cry. My baby has grown up DX. Picture above to what I picked as the wedding dress and hair. However, I don't quite like the flowers in the hair, so I guess everyone just use your creative imaginations!! Thanks for reading this chapter and for patiently waiting. 

~five years later~

Shay's P.O.V

How long have I been out?  I sit up groggily, squinting against the sunlight shining around the umbrella I'm under. There's a commotion going on behind me. I listen to the shouts intently:

"WHERE'S THE BRIDE? WHERE IS SHE? MAYDAY. MAYDAY. MISSING BRIDE. ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!"

"CODE RED. CODE RED." There's a flurry of shouts and footsteps before it calms. I vaguely understand the words, as I lay on my recliner half asleep.

"THERE SHE IS!" 

"FOUND HER!"

"THANK GOD!"

I sit up from my rather comfortable recliner and peep around my umbrella. I see three pairs of worried eyes. 

"Why do you have a loaded gun on my wedding day?" I glare at that hideous thing in Tony's hand. He grins sheepishly before casually slipping it back into his pocket as if that just makes everything better. I already saw it so I don't know why he is hiding it. 

"Same goes with you two dummies." I raise an eyebrow at Dante and Leo, who whistle innocently as they too hide their guns. 

"What are those?" Tony smirks as he points to my legs.

"My legs." I roll my eyes. What else are these two limbs? Tony can be quite dumb sometimes.

"Underneath your dress." Tony sighs as if I'm the dumb one. 

"My skin....HEY!" I smack his arm before he reaches for my knives...oops. "Oh wipe those smirks off of your faces. These are for protection."

"Protection from what? Your clumsiness?"  Tony furrows his eyebrows and asks the question genuinely. 

Thanks. I tighten my lips in annoyance. "Really."

"What are you doing on the roof by the way?" Dante asks. "in your wedding dress no less. You nervous? You know it's okay if you are. You don't need to get married. You're too young anyways. Hell, just ditch that dweeb." He beings to ramble, almost as if he's the one who is nervous.

"Yeah sis. You can wait another five years. We can make sure you disappear without a trace. Your fiancé won't even be able to find you." Leo nods in a rather serious tone. He seems to be already planning it within his mind. Knowing Leo and his slight overprotectiveness, he probably has planned all this beforehand. 

"No!" I shake my head to Leo's elaborate mental escape plan. "And no to Dante too! I'm just enjoying some me-time. It's rather suffocating to be cooped in that room downstairs. All i hear about is makeup stuff. You know how I am about being in a room for hours and hours. I just wanted a little break." I think back to my statement and realize how whiny I sound.

"Ariana and Marisa were freaking out over your disappearance. We are looking for you for the wedding party and family photos. And here you are lounging away." Tony frowns as he mentions his and Leo's wife. Ari and Mar are like sisters to me, so I feel slightly guilty sneaking away without telling them. They must have thought the worst possible case scenarios. They're so sweet but worry so much sometimes.

"Ah, sorry about that," I lower my head at their scolding. Some things never change. They always love to baby me even though I'm an adult now. 

"Oh wait..." I frown a bit as I realize something. "I explicitly remember saying I didn't need maximum security. There's no need for all these guards, and you even had a code for my disappearance?" I am a bit angry at my father's complete disregard of my instructions on my own wedding day.