Chapter 10

"Fine, I'll do it." I mutter.

"Say that again?" Jacob smirks.

I swear I'm going to kick butt him until he wipes that smirk off his face.

"I liked you a lot better before all this happened." I grumble under my breath.

"Oh, you mean the charming prince that swept you off your feet and you fell head over heels for?" He raises an eyebrow cockily.

He pauses and watches me carefully. "Don't tell me, you actually fell for my act?" He laughs hysterically.

"In your dreams--" I scoff. I'm not going to admit anything.

"Right, deny it all you want, but I've seen you drooling over me," his twinkles with mirth.

"I'm a great actor, but c'mon, you should be suspicious if someone as goodlooking as me hangs out with a nerd like you," he peers at me with slight disgust. Oh, that's right. I still had my nerd gear on, with the exception of my wig.

"I'm disappointed in you." He sighs dramatically.

"You know what? I hope you rot in some alley. You can go find my father by yourself." I begin to walk out of my room since he remains rooted in his spot. His true personality is shitty. To be honest, I was gullible and thought he was genuinely funny and kind. I guess my people reading skills are very rusty. I actually was beginning to enjoy Jacob's company.

"Aw, your love for me is amazing," Jacob replies sarcastically. However, fear flashes through his eyes ever so quickly.

"Whatever, have fun getting torn apart from the sharks," I frown and mutter once more. "I'm out of here." I actually touch the doorknob with the intention of never seeing him again. I don't want to see his twinkling eyes and disarming smile.

"You're a dimwit." He shakes his head. "Let's go meet your lovely family." It's like he didn't even hear me.

"Yeah, I just said no. You think you can order me around?" I'm wasting my breath here. He's not worth my time.

"Well, yeah. Do I have to explain everything? For someone who was a Ricca, I'd think you'd be smarter than this." I would say he is beginning to lose patience with me. "If you don't help me, I'm going to call them and tell then where you are." He thinks he's so smart, doesn't he? His smug mug makes my fingers itch for my knife, but that's the old me. I refuse to ever lay a hand on another person; I hate Jacob for making me almost injure him.

"Yeah, go ahead," I shrug, finally thinking some sense. "We're halfway across the country. By the time they arrive, I'll be long gone. You're also bluffing."

"Bluffing?" He stands and laughs suddenly.

"Yes, you're bluffing," I roll my eyes.

Jacob whips out his phone and dials a number. I know who he is calling, and I wonder how he got the number.

"Hello!" Jacob says cheerily. "My name is Jacob Smith, son of Matthias and Danielle Smith." He listens intently for a few seconds. "Yes, that Smith."

"Okay, hold on please. I have very important news. Sorry to interrupt but I believe you would love to hear what I have to say," Jacob winks at me. "I know where your daughter is....No, it's not a joke...Yes, Shay...No, I'm not kidding sir....She's in front of me..."

All this time I'm grabbing my bags, which are all nicely packed up. I loosen my hair, letting it fall in its natural cascade of curls. Then, I take off my thick-rimmed glasses and chuck it at Jacob right in his face.

"F*ck you!" I flip him off and slam the door right as he points to me and says," Shes in front of me."

I hurry outside and sprint towards the school parking garage. Passing by dozens of fancy car, I finally spot my baby hidden in the corner of the garage underneath a drab gray cover. In one fluid motion, I lift the cover off and whistle in appreciation at the sight before me.