Chapter 24

The lights flicker on.

Fuck.

I wince at the sudden brightness. God, even wincing fucking hurts.

I slowly lift my head, which is really heavy if nobody has realized. The head weighs a shit ton.

"Nice to see you again," I barely manage to force the words out as I see Alfredo. I briefly wonder where my other torturer is. I was alittle fond of the guy, despite that fact he tortured me. I pitied him since he looked a lot like a mixture of ogre and troll. That must have been why he became what he was.

"I missed you so much." I say in the driest tone ever to Alfredo.

"I must say, I'm impressed." He totally ignores my comment. I think he's beginning to learn how to deal with me by not dealing with me. "You've lasted longer than I give you credit for." He continues.

"How many days has it been?" I say curiously. I think it may have been three days?

"Long enough." He says vaguely. I feel as though he thought i would last only one day. Honestly, me too. I'm surprised with myself. However, I do feel I am about to break, physically and mentally.]]

"Is there any chance I can get water or even food of some kind? On a platter?" I cough and lick my dry lips. I cant help myself from trying to lick my chapped lips, which will only make it drier.

Luckily, he has not been starving and dehydrating me. After I wake up from my little "sessions," I see two bowls of water and food on the ground near me. The bowls are pretty much made for dogs. At first, I was too prideful to stoop so low and use the bowls. Plus, I was still tied to my chair. I would have to fall on the ground and eat it like a dog, or I would get spoon-fed.

Sadly, I caved. I finished the bowls yesterday. It was the most humiliating moment of my life when my torturer came in and saw the clean bowls, all licked up and glistening. I was hungry and thirsty. It was food. However, he pretty much goaded me and I soon made up my mind to never give into my hunger or thirst ever again.

"Food not good enough, princess?" He smirks, his eyes showing he knows that I had to eat like a dog from his fucking bowls. 

"Are you here to kill me?" I eye him warily. I have learned a llot. I will not take the obvious bait.

"You'll break eventually. Time is against you." He leaves afterwards. Winner of the year for vagueness goes to Alfredo Sauce!

That was strange. I really expected to have another bruise added to my growing collection.

I wait. Then, I wait some more. Nobody comes in or out of my room for hours. I don't know what's worse: my isolation or my tortures. 

I think mentally wasting away must be better. I have faith that my mentality will hold longer than my body.

Let's not talk about what they did to me, which luckily were mostly physical abuse. I'm sure I must have been affected mentally but it is better not to dwell to deep into it. I would probably go insane, and I don't look good in a body suit, wrapped up and shipped into a mental asylum. 

I just want everything to end already. I'm not contemplating death, but giving up sounds so simple, so nice. It's just a damn key. If I just give them the key, everything will be over. Giving up seems so blissful. I should give up. Yes, it sounds so goddamn appealing. 

Yet, there is a tiny voice urging me not to hand it over. It will be the end of everything. I will also probably die right off the bat, or be sold into some black market transaction.

Why am I always stuck in this positition? This is just deja vu. 

I wait some more. I don't even know what I'm waiting for anymore.