Chapter 28

A/N if you can see the gif^ i totally imagine the one on the left who falls...as Dante LOL. sorry random. Anyways.....

"Look out!" I warn Jacob as some guy is thrown towards us. The two of us duck and watch him soar through the air before crashing into walls. I wince as his weight makes another huge hole in the wall.

The damage is going to be so expensive. I look sadly at what is left of the house. It really looks like a war or tornado ravaged the entire place.

"Whoops!" Jacob yanks my collar toward him as a knife is thrown a few millimeters in front of my nose.

"Yikes," my eyes widen at the glint of metal whooshing closely by.

"Gotta pay attention Shay-girl," he taps his nose and winks.

"Shay girl?" I raise an eyebrow at him as we continue to fight back to back against the other men. My body is definitely starting to throb, but i try to pay it no heed.

"I'm still thinking of better names," he admits. I momentarily become distracted at his fighting skills with his smooth but deadly techniques. He does it so effortlessly as he attacks with accuracy.

As I expect, someone seizes the opportunity to knife me. There is small ringing noise as I bring my knives up to parry the jab. The guy seems to be around Dante's height, but he's lean. He seems fast. There is soot covering his skin, but making his blue eyes almost glow. I grit my teeth as the guy's strength is more than I expected. We stay locked in position as neither of us gives the other any room. I glance at my wavering arms before breaking the lock. It catches him in surprise but not much. He recovers before starting to attack me with a knife in each hand. It's been a while since I've went against someone who uses two knives so well. With another year or two of training, he might have been better than me.

I block each thrust and match his pace. He does have greater force than me with each hit, but he has yet to hit me. I've nicked him a couple times, slicing at his thighs and arms. He doesn't have that many weak spots. They're protected nicely.

"So how long have you been training?" I casually ask him as our faces come within a few inches of each other with the next clash of knives. His face doesn't quite show any emotion at my words, but I can still tell from his body language it made him skip a beat.

Of course, the guy is rude and ignores me completely. Shucks and here I thought I could have a new training buddy.

I decide the fight has been dragging, so I try to increase my pace. The bastard actually keeps pace with me. It must be his long legs. Curse him.

I have a special move, but I don't know if my leg can handle it as it requires a lot of fast, strong leg movement. I choose not to do it, saving it for Alfredo.

I keep increasing my pace and finally the dude messes up: he fumbles and trips over himself slightly.

I bring around my elbow and jab at his head. The blow knocks him unconscious instantly. He slumps to his knees before falling to the ground.

It was a good match.

I still feel saddened each time I either deal a death blow if the situation requires it. I try to do a painless, quick death or blow to subdue the opponent. I also try not to think about this and focus on my fights.

"How close are we even to him? Did he move? Have you lost sight of him?" I yell over the noise to Jacob.

Jacob glances around quickly before replying, "He's still at the front. There are people trying to reach him, but nobody is getting close. We still need to cross the room; we're halfway there. He's rather secured with all those bodyguards around him. Somebody needs to take them all out."