Chapter 5

I don't really know how to confront Jacob. I've never been one to be shy. Well, my real personality wasn't. It's just weird.

His file was categorized as "classified," if that wasn't suspicious enough. No, the next twenty pages were shocking. Jacob Smith was an undercover (and don't forget underage) agent for the CIA. Thank goodness I have an incredibly awesome and heinous best friend who can find out everything there is to know about this kid. He was recruited at a younger age, mostly due to the face that his father is the head of the CIA and his mother an active CIA agent. He's seventeen! That is illegal in so many ways-I've seen his résumé and he shouldn't be participating in such dangerous activities. Jacob is one of those super spies that defeat the bad guys or something.

I just so happen to be the bad guy.

But still, this is unreal. I thought this only happened in books or movies? Not real life. There are undercover spies and agents but I doubt they have fancy smancy espionage missions. Dude, he could be the next Alex Rider, except that he is from a fictional book.

I think I'm creating a hole in my carpet with all the pacing I'm doing.

To act normal or not to act normal?

What is normal?

Obviously, I want to know if I'm his next target. He could just be hiding here from enemies who want to kill him! Perhaps he is sick of the undercover life and wants to be normal? Those are my only reasons that I can think of.

I know I won't be able to find out if I don't get to know him more. I don't have enough time left here with only eight days left until I leave; I wish I could stay longer. I shake my head immediately after I think that, why would I want to stay here any longer? I've been dying to leave here, haven't I? The only thing I will here is the delicious food and amazing campus, but the people here suck (except the janitor and lunch ladies).

I hurry to my first class, dreading the opportunity of seeing Jacob. I knew he was suspicious! Now, I just don't know what to do.

"After you," Jacob bows as he opens the class door for me. Thanks Jacob, now it just makes me like you even more. You seem like a normal gentleman.

"So..." Jacob drawls the word out as he gazes at me. I still find it unnerving for anyone to stare at me; it's like they know something I don't.

"Thanks." I mutter.

"No problem princess." He winks. Since when did we get onto the nickname basis?

That must have shown on my face, for he ruffles my hair and says, "Oh, not princess?"

My hand reaches out to rearrange my wig, when I stop myself. I threw away my wig. I woud have burned it, but that would have smelled really bad.

"I like the hair. It suits you," Jacob compliments my lack of dull, brown hair.

"Thanks," I mutter once again. He really does look normal, but now that I've pored over his documents, I can see the discreet details. I noticed it before, but I never would have guessed it had anything to do with espionage. I'm still trying to process Jacob, this flirty and happy-go-lucky guy, could kill someone in cold blood if he had to.

I guess no one would really think a nerd like me could do the same too.

"Hello?' He waves his hand in front of my face. "Do you do that often?" I grab his wrist and stare at his hands; his palm and knuckles were those of an experienced fighter. I would know, but father and brothers looked just like his.

"Uh..." Jacob yanks his hand back uncomfortably. "I used to do a lot of martial arts for years." He explains to me.

"Really?" I look at him. "That's cool."