Chapter 33

Don't you hate it when you text someone and that person does not respond within the first minute when you know as a fact they always respond quickly. Also, you know the person has their phone on them 24/7.

Then again, the said person probably hates me guts.

The said person is Sky of course.

"So..." Dante knocks on my opened bedroom door to grab my attention. "You do know that you're still in enrolled in school and you have two more weeks left before your class graduates?"

"Ah yes, that thing exists." I sigh and flip my phone so the screen faces the bed covers. "What's the point? I already passed the CAHSEE."

"CAHSEE?" Dante looks at me to explain.

"Ah...back when I was in California, I took the CAHSEE, aka the California High School Exit Exam. Plus, I got my diploma from Elite early." I shrug.

"Wait, when were you in California?" Dante pauses me. "Actually, never mind." He gives up.

"So yeah I don't need to graduate from this school. I could attend the ceremony but since i don't know any of them, or care about any of them...I'd rather not go." I ramble.

"Yeah true. There's no point in going when Alfredo Acerbi is now jailed. The Acerbi Family will deteriorate without its Boss." Dante shrugs. We stand there in brief silence.

"Oh, and-" We both say at the same time.

"You go." We say once more together.

"No, you-" Dante begins.

"Just go." I roll my eyes.

"We got this in the mail." Dante hands me an envelope and a package.

"Who is it from?" I read the elegant calligraphy across the labels. I am impressed people these days can write so beautifully. It looks like one of those old fashioned fancy writings.

"Dunno. No return address. It was just sitting in the mailbox." Dante shrugs. "And it's way too light and thin to be anything potentially dangerous." He adds after I give him a doubting look.

I turn the envelope around and begin to open the seal. Dante stays next to me nonchalantly.

"Yes?" I chuckle. "Anything else you need?"

"Oh nothing. I'm just passing by." Dante smiles before leaving my room.

It's quite undramatic. The opened envelope reveals a letter.

Enjoy.

That's it. One little word neatly sprawled across the paper.