chapter 11

Mistakes are sometimes correct.

My thoughts dwelled on the previous events that took place as I got ready.

My roommate barely got in the way but I could sense the regret in his presence while we walked to our training room.

Obi-Wan chose to continue training us in the more private area, I assume because our combined arrogance made us quite a pain to deal with.

Master Kenobi seemed more perceptive than yesterday, taking notice of smaller things. "Anakin, how did you get that bruise?" he asks, gesturing to his apprentice's jaw, that still held a faint mark from when I tripped him.

"Long story," I interject, rightfully pinning the blame on myself.

"Well, go on then, y/n. We have all the time we need."

Kriff. That was a mistake. I should've kept my mouth shut, now I have to invent a reason for my partner's injury or risk being reported to the high council.

"I was running too quickly and fell," Anakin says, "it's no big deal."

Our teacher seemed to accept this excuse, though he was still skeptical because of how defensive I was. Even if I told him the truth, I knew Obi-Wan wouldn't tell the Council. He clearly cares for Anakin's wellbeing, and subsequently mine, despite his obvious resentment of his padawan's behaviour.

Anakin wasn't unlikeable, per say, he was just the type of person you had to get used to in order to get along with him. At least that's how it was with me.

***

Another week went by, and our training eventually became productive. It wasn't a very convenient situation, but the three of us made it work.

I haven't heard anything from my master since last week, so my worry began to grow, however, I heard mumbles from those who knew her that her return was imminent.

My relationship with Anakin was still complicated to say the least. We became somewhat friendly and it was still obvious that he had some sort of attachment to me, one that I couldn't explain even if I tried. We would still drive each other mad, but you could say that was part of the fun.

I think Obi-Wan figured pretty quickly that whatever minor injury his apprentice endured was to some degree my fault, but he just accepted it, I'm glad he didn't get us in trouble.

Little did I know, today would be the last day of my training with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. We were called to a Council meeting quite early this morning, to my surprise, I was greeted by a hologram of Adi Gallia, seemingly sitting in her assigned chair.

I learned that her mission was successful, and she was on her way back here on board a Republic Cruiser with any other officials that accompanied her. Internally, I was overjoyed by this, but I knew better than to be overly emotional in front of highly esteemed Jedi masters.

We were then excused and Master Kenobi suspended our training so Anakin and I could have a proper send-off, since he was assigned alongside his master on an off-world mission.

We arrived at my quarters, and I helped him pack his belongings to return them to his apartment.

I have to admit, Anakin wasn't that bad of a trainer. I feel like he could teach a younger student one day, when he's more mature and in control of his abilities. I'd be lying if I didn't say anyone would be lucky to have that boy to teach them the ways of the Force.

Once at his quarters with the heaps of robes and clothing we were holding, he scanned the area to ensure no one was around. I placed his robes on his bed and turned to him gesturing in my direction. "Do you want to see the workshop again?" Anakin asks.