note on bonus chapters

Hi everyone!

This is not a narrative bit; it is I, the author, addressing you wonderful readers!

I want to include some bonus chapters/bits from My Unfortunate Fate that didn't make the finished story.

For one, I think you'll enjoy a lot of these funny/sad/cute/neat moments I've written out. I often find myself going back to these unfinished bits because I find a lot of beauty, emotion and rawness of the characters shines through in them.

Also, My Unfortunate Fate has been a labour of love for years now. Although it's over (and I'm glad it is), it's difficult to part ways with a work that has evolved me as a writer, observer, and overall person. By giving you access to discarded and additional parts of the story, I want to show how much work I've put into this story and how much time I've taken to understand these characters. (Side note: I know acting involves lots of understanding of a character's internal thoughts, feelings, and fears, but I think writing does too—at least, in my experience).

As much as I would love to keep writing new and better content for My Unfortunate Fate, I'm simply too busy to work on that content. So here's a glimpse into what could've been, what might be, and what it's like to create My Unfortunate Fate.

...But that's not all!

In case you haven't been up to date on the announcements I've posted (which is totally fine!), I'd like to let you know that I'm working on another book: Daughter of Shadows, which is an original character X Anakin Skywalker story.

In short, this is the premise:

After years of servitude, Cerne Izan grasps her first chance at freedom, leaving her fate in the hands of a young Jedi Knight named Anakin Skywalker. Following in his footsteps, she attempts to find her place within the Jedi Order much older than most. Her main challenge, however, is that Anakin himself faces a similar dilemma. Cerne must navigate this and his (at times) overbearing sense of compassion.

I hope that teaser peaked your interest, and if it didn't, I'm still glad you enjoyed My Unfortunate Fate! Thank you so much for supporting me as much as you have on this platform, it's truly amazing. 🥹

Anyway, enjoy the bonus chapters!
—B <3