bonus chapter 2

This chapter is set in 22BBY and follows Anakin and y/n through the events preceding and following Anakin's knighting.

=^*^=

Y/n was alone in her quarters. She, Captain Rex, and the rest of the 501st had been on and off missions for the past month. And Anakin was off Coruscant for just as long, meaning they hadn't seen each other much since their return from Naboo.

Maybe it would be better that way. They hadn't yet been married very long, for about two months, that is, but the Council would be suspicious if they spent more time together. They'd notice their attitudes toward one another, and y/n knew it'd be harder to hold herself back.

Even with that said, she still missed her husband, and wished they'd have a mission to take on together soon. The Clone War had dragged on since Geonosis, so, surely, the 501st and 212th legions would soon have to serve together. At least, she hoped they would.

She needed a walk, she decided, so she headed out the door and into the Temple's hallways. They were calmer today, but an underlying of distrust lined the Jedi Temple, as it had since the start of the war. Y/n didn't like it, but the place was still familiar to her, so she let it be.

She walked, hands holding each other behind her back, with her chin high and her lips curved in the faintest of smiles. That's when she saw someone: further up in the Temple, walking through on the floor below her. She rushed towards the small balcony lining her path and got a good look at them, sure to not be mistaken.

Then, y/n headed for the stairs, calming her demeanour along the way. The last thing she wanted was to alert someone of her eagerness, and she wanted her approach to go unnoticed. Once she reached the end of the staircase, she started walking through the larger hall, eventually standing right beside him.

"Hello, Commander Skywalker," she said, gazing up at him with a smile. Their battalion must've just returned from one of the many war fronts, as she assumed he would've gone to see her if they'd arrived any sooner.

Anakin smiled and turned his head to look back at her, locking eyes. "General y/l/n, it's good to see you again," he said. This was meant to be a friendly greeting, as the other Jedi in their midst suspected they were good friends, nothing more.

"See, how I outrank you again?" y/n teased, nudging her husband's arm and looking ahead to avoid suspicious glances. If they kept eye contact too long, some might find it off-putting that they were so comfortable with one another.

He chuckled in response, and she felt him shake his head. "So, how long has the Five-Oh-First been back on Coruscant for?" he asked.

"One week," she said. "I'm letting the men take a bit of a leave until the Council orders us out. We had a lot of injuries on the last mission, and they need their rest." Y/n cared for her troops, because, after all, they were people before they were soldiers. They all were, even Jedi, so she treated them as such.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Anakin said, and his head dipped a bit. "Was the mission successful?" They both knew the Jedi or the Republic didn't care much for the clones, in general, so the kind of banter that worried upon their well-being wasn't all that encouraged.

"Yes," she replied. Y/n remembered the last battle: Boz Pity. They'd captured one of the Separatist airbases, but it was far from easy. Then she chuckled to herself, recalling one of the mission's highlights. "Although Captain Rex didn't agree with some of my...peculiar tactics."

Her husband looked over and raised an eyebrow. "What'd you do now?" he asked with a smirk. She knew he was no stranger to odd tactics in battle by now, and many payed off.