25.

"Wow. I've never been to a restaurant this fancy before." Yoongi murmured amazed.

Jimin smiled as they took a seat. "You're going to love it. Are you a fan of seafood?"

"Uhh...I'll rather eat steak." When he saw Jimin's disappointed look he quickly added, "Seafood is great. I love it. I just like earth animals better. Not that sea animals are part of the earth. I just—"

"Good evening. My name is Vernon and I'll be your waiter tonight. Can I get you started with a sample of our house wine?"

"Yes—"

"No—"

Both Yoongi and Jimin had responded at the same time. Vernon raised an eyebrow and proceeded to question the duo. It was obvious they were one of those couple who couldn't make up their minds. He didn't get paid enough to deal with the indecisive shit.

"Yes? No? Maybe?"

Jimin looked at Yoongi, "I like wine. Don't you?"

Yoongi bit the inside of his cheek. Why were they suddenly so different? When texting, they had seemed to hit it off. Pretty well. Now that they were here in person everything had changed.

Just two strangers sitting across from each other.

With absolutely nothing in common.

"Yes. I love it. Okay. I'll have a sample."

The waiter sighed quietly grabbing two wine glasses. He served them both a bit of wine. Jimin took his glass and moved it a little. Yoongi confusedly replicated the action not wanting to look dumb.

He ended up shaking the glass too much that it splattered a little on his hand. "Oops." He quietly said as Jimin gave him a glance.

It was obvious he had never had wine before. He suddenly smiled holding the glass to his lips and drinking a bit. Yoongi smiled back in return not knowing whether Jimin was mocking him or not. He took a sip and tried the wine.

It was a bland taste to say the least. Yoongi would rather have a cheap draft beer. Jimin on the hand seemed to love the taste. He even closed his eyes and bit and sighed in pleasure.

"So?"

"Delicious." Yoongi lied.

"Great. We will have a bottle of it, please."

Vernon nodded excusing himself. Yoongi kept smiling not knowing what to say. Jimin was also as tense and awkward like he was.

"I'm a bit underdressed huh?" He asked trying to break the silence.

Jimin shook his head no, "Not at all." Which was a lie. The guy hadn't even tried to look presentable. Oversized shirt, beanie, and ripped jeans.

It's not that Jimin was disappointed with his looks. The guy just didn't seem to be his type after all. The spark he had felt while texting had vanished the instant he saw Yoongi waving excitedly outside his car.

"I know I am. I thought this place was casual. I should've investigated more." He shyly told scratching his head over his beanie.

"Nonsense. So Yoongi, what do you do for a living?"

Yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but the words wouldn't leave his lips. How did he tell him that he was a shitty cook with an aspiring music career without sounding like a loser?

Once again, Vernon came saving the day. He set the wine bottle down and forced a smile. Goodness. He wasn't a people person at all and he detested pretending to be.