29.

"We could've gone to a fancier restaurant." Taehyung said.

"And miss out on this burger made out of who-knows-what-meat? I don't think so pretty boy." Jungkook responded with a mouth full.

"Who-knows-what-meat? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Think about it, do you honestly know what this meat made out of?"

Taehyung's eyes widen and he quickly dropped the cheap burger from his hand. Jungkook snorted while covering his mouth. What kind of sick twisted humor did he have to joke around food?

"I'm kidding. Well, actually, I'm not. I really don't know what it is. Just eat it. It's cheaply delicious."

"I'm suddenly not hungry anymore. I insist, we could've picked a nice restaurant. I know plenty of well prestigious—"

"It's my cheat meal day and I've been seriously craving this cheap burger. It's only fair for me to pick what I want."

"Of course. I forgot you're into fitness and shit."

"Indeed. You're not in bad shape yourself. I assume you workout?"

"I do. Not religiously. I'm also not on a diet. I like exercising, but not to that extend."

"Mmm. I want big muscles and to maintain my abs. I'm very passionate about my body."

Taehyung stared him down. Even when grabbing that burger his biceps and triceps flexed and the sight was truly heavenly. He didn't mean to thirst over him, but his body was truly well deserving.

"I see."

"So, when are you coming back for another tattoo?"

"Oh, no, no. That was a one time thing. I was very pumped after I got it and wanted more. Then it started to peel and itch. I'll rather not."

He smiled, "Such a shame. Tattoos on your skin would be mesmerizing."

Taehyung cleared his throat. The simple comment had flustered him to degrees he was embarrassed to admit.

"Pshh. Whatever." He responded taking a fry and eating it. The thought of the food being nasty had completely left his mind. Anything to stop himself from blushing would do.

"Can't accept a simple compliment?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're so nervous and jittery over my compliment. All you had to say was thank you."

"Don't tell me how to act. I don't need a kid to tell me what to do."

"Yikes. Better stop with the kid comment or it's going to get creepy real quick. I'm only a few years younger and I'm clearly the dominant one here."

"Dominant? What the hell?" He shrieked. A few people turned to look towards their booth and he avoided all eye contact.

"See what I mean. I just proved my point."

Taehyung was so tongue tied all he could do was sigh. A defeated sigh that made Jungkook smile. He was starting to regret asking him out on this stupid date.

"I'm just kidding! Relax a little. The last thing I want is for you to have a bad time."

He took a deep breath and nodded. The thought of leaving this shitty fast food place had crossed his mind several times. And yet Jungkook's soft tone of voice suddenly changed his mind.

"Fine. I'll relax if you cut the smart little comments."

"My humor? How dare you? I'm so funny."