Little y/n

tw: nightmares and panic attacks

requested by: kprinc9983 i apologize if this was overdue and shorter than you expected

3rd person's POV:
Being an avenger had its perks and advantages. You were a tough shell, you knew everyone's disadvantages, although you didn't look as intimidating, one reason was stood out that you shouldn't be underestimated; natasha romanoff trained you, for crying out loud.

She and you went way back, havibg only each other as you both clawed your way out of a hellhole and fought the monsters you both were so afraid of.

She knew you best, but what happens when she wasn't there when your own nightmares came back to get you?

It was a chilly night, natasha, clint, and bucky were out on a mission. It was one of the few times nat left you alone with other people.

She assured you it would be fine, seeing as tony and steve was there to keep you company.

You looked hesitantly at her as she squeezes your forearm and walked to the jet, bucky at her tail and as fast as she got on she disappeared and you were left alone on the roof of the tower.

Steve spotted you and waved towards you and you waved back, smiling slightly.

Steve and you didn't really talk that much but seeing him and nat close, was enough for you to say he's a trusted person.

"So....what do you wanna do?" you asked as you both went in the elevator

"Just...chilling" he says as he smiles and presses the floor he intends, since both of your rooms are on the same floor you didn't bother pressing anymore.

"C-chilling? Man, that is so not you, who are you and what have you done to steve?" you look playfully suspicious at him as he rolls his eyes while smiling.

"Peter and sam taught me and buck some stuff. Guess it doesn't fit huh?" he chuckles as he rubs his neck.

"Not at all. I'm just not used to you using modern slang, cap. But for what it's worth, it's cute" you laugh as his cheeks had a tint of pink on them.

Your nose scrunches as you pinch his cheeks and the elevator dings as you walk out, leaving him all smiley and giddy.

He had the biggest crush on you. But Lord, you didn't have the faintest clue. You, on the other hand, teased him for staring at you all the time and you thought he was just playing around.

Well, he wasn't.

"It's almost 10 pm. Better take a shower" steve says as he walks to his room to do his business.

You, in your room, decided you would sleep early since nat wasn't there to gossip about and wanda and the other girls weren't at the tower at the moment.

"Mleh, I'm tired anyways" you shrug to yourself as you change into your sleeping clothes and fall unto the soft bed and within minutes you were out cold, unaware of the terrors coming back.

-time skip-

Steve's POV:
I was jolted awake by a scream. I looked around the room and find myself in darkness, the clock on my bedside said 1:01, which meant it was 1 am.

"What the hell?" I rub my eyes and lay back down. And then another scream came to my ear.

I picked my shield up and carefully opened the door outside. Super soldier serum can be handy dandy but at times like this? I pray to the Gods that, that isn't a demon screeching.

I heard again and I halted. It was coming from y/n's room.

I bolted in and looked around for any people threatening her but only saw her thrashing around the bed. I heaved a sigh of relief and dropped my shield by the door as I closed it and went on her bed.

She still didn't stop whimpering and whispering words as she rolled around.

"Hey, hey, y/n. Y/n wake up, it's just a dream" I shook her as she sobbed and teas cascaded down her cheeks.

My chest tightened.

"Hey, doll? I need you to open those beautiful eyes for me, yeah?" I shook her harder as she cried harder.

shit, what do I do?

"Y/n!" I began calling her name louder but to no avail. "Y/N!" I called her again and she jolted awake, eyes wide, teary and puffy, breath ragged as she look around the room.

"Hey, hey it's me, steve. Doll, doll, hey" I cupped her cheek and made her look into my eyes as I motioned for her to copy my breathing.

"S-steve?" her voice was cracked as she called my name as she embraced me. I sat stunned for a moment before hugging her back as she cried into my chest, her addicting scent went in my nose as I kissed her head, whispering that 'everything was fine' and that 'it was just a nightmare'

"B-But it felt s-so real, s-steve" she choked out and I rub her back gently and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, sweetheart"

Calling her that felt so right. Her in my arms felt so right. I wonder how even in tears, she still felt beautiful in my eyes.

"I'm s-sorry I woke y-you up" she muttered cutely from my chest and I smile as she stopped crying. God, she felt so small in my arms. My little y/n.

"Bother me all you want, y/n, I don't mind as long as it's you" I tell her as she buried her nose deeper in my shirt.

"Would you like to talk about your dream?" I ask as I was still rubbing her back.

"You smell nice" she blurted out and I laugh.

"So no, then?" I ask and she giggles and shook her head. She removed herself from me and I tried to fight the urge to get her back into my arms.

She sat criss crossed and looked at me.

"Can you stay with me for t-the n-night?" she stuttered and I smile.

"Of course" I say and she grins and taps the place next to her and I step in and she embraces me once more.

I smile in relief. I could get used to this