Dance with me? pt. 2

Someone FINALLY requested this, this is from Helenbrssrdthank you for requesting, i hope you like how it turned out, I added a twist to it, if that's alright with you, IM SO SO SORRY IF THIS TOOK LONG. My schoolwork was piled up, belated happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate it

Steve's POV:
It took bucky to literally shake me for me to snap back to reality. "Y/n's gone, where is she" he straight up asked me and I shook my head as an 'I don't know'

"Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes, miss y/n is feeling severe stress and is expressing it on her room. I suggest you go to her" F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s voice made us snap up to the ceiling as we bolted into a sprint.

"What the hell did you do now" bucky enhaled through his nose as he couldn't budge the door open.

"Y/n? Doll? Can we come in?" Bucky looked at me and I gulped as I remember her words.

I love you, godammit!

"Y/n?" The shake in my voice was noticeable as bucky looked at me funny.

We heard muffled mumbled inside as bucky stepped away to prepare for a momentum.

Bang!

"Y/n?" My eyes searched for her in her dimly lit room as I caught sight of a shaking form near her bed.

She was muttering curses while shaking her head. Her knees were up to her chest and I couldn't see what her face looked like.

God, I didn't want to see how I screwed up.

I can take care of you much more than she can!

"Why the hell are you still standing there?" Bucky pushed me and glared at me. I gulped and kneeled down to her level.

"Shut up! Shut up!" She shrieked at me. "She's having a panic attack" I inform bucky as he looked at me, lost.

"Go to bruce, get her an inhaler" I say as bucky obliged and went out. My heart cracked as her silent tears fell onto my hand, her sobs were quiet but enough for me to hear.

"I'm so sorry, fuck" I cursed as I pull her to my lap, her hands immediately went around my torso, clutching my polo for dear life as my heart clenched at the sounds emitting from her.

"M-make it s-stop" she mutters into my chest as I shush her, kissing her head and rubbing circles into her back.

She felt so small in my arms. It felt good. I sighed as I kissed her head again.

"It hurts....make it s-stop!" She demands as she shakes violently. "Deep breaths, come on, y/n. Do it with me, in....and out." I say as she comes by.

She was sweating, but I couldn't care less. She needed me. And this is the least I could do.

I'm such an idiot.

"Listen to my heart, y/n. Focus on me. Okay? We'll get through. It's just me and you in here" I softly mutter in her hair as she hugs me tighter.

"S-steve..." she called as her sobs died down, but her sniffles and tears were still falling down, I could feel it. "Hm?" I hum as I close my eyes and focus on her scent. Fuck, she smelled good.

"W-why are y-you here?"

3rd person's POV:
"W-why are y-you here?" Her small voice echoed around the man's head.
She couldn't let go of him. She was afraid that if she did, this will be the last time she'll get to hold him.

He's probably already hated me. Your thoughts were at it again as you sighed and inhaled his scent.

"What do you mean?" Steve was confused as to why she would ask. "I mean, w-why? The party is s-still ongoing. Why go h-here?" Her recent crying had make her sort of unable to speak well, the hiccups and sniffles were a hassle to y/n but it was adorable to steve.

"Because.....I....I care about you" he thought about his answer. He did care about you. But a different question plagued his mind.

"Really?" Your adorable red puffy eyes met his blue ones as he smiled and kissed your nose that you scrunched up.

"Yes I do" he smiled at you.

"Here's her inhaler-- oh" bucky's voice died down to see you in steve's lap, the both of you seemingly have a staring contest as he coughed, catching your attention.

You blushed. "I look terrible, I'm sorry" you quickly apologize as buciy shakes his head and hands you the pink inhaler, you furrow your brows at this.

"They didn't have green, sorry" bucky attempted to make you smile and you did. "I don't use this anymore" you motion to the thing in your hand.

"Steve once used to, but a different one. A more complicated one to use" bucky joked and steve playfully glared at him but his smile soon appeared as he heard your giggles.

"I look ugly" you mention; mostly to yourself but it fell on 4 deaf ears as they shot you a curious gaze.

"What the hell are you talking about?" (A/n: get my pretty name out of your mouth) bucky asked you.

"You look pretty good for a lady who just had a panic attack" steve said as you smiled at them.

"Thanks guys" you smile but steve seemed in his thoughts.

She's gorgeous. He said in his mind. Then why don't you pick her instead of sharon? Another one argued with his own.

Because....because.... he thought. Yes, that's right, no reason. Now get her before someone does a voice once more contradicted his

"Steve? Are you still with us?" Y/n waved a hand in his face. "I like you!" He blurted out and she widened her eyes.

"Uh I'll....I'll leave you...two" bucky awkwardly says as he gets up and left the room.

"What?" Y/n shook her head. Steve sighed. "I....I like you..?"he said once more, unsure of her reaction.

She smiled widely and launched at the supersoldier, hugging him as she chuckled when they both fell on the ground.

"So...am I your boyfriend now?" Steve asked and you giggled. "Court me first, playboy" you mused and stood up as you pull him to his feet.

"Now get out, I'm changing" her smile was the widest he ever saw as he mirrored hers while he was pushed out of the room.

Once the door was closed she slid down its back and smiled giddily while steve was outside, smiling to himseld as he leaned in the doorframe, thinking about you.